Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial Fibrillation Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Where can I find a good doctor who specializes in Afib

By LisaW

I had an ablation done in 1999 and I went into A-fib again in 2002 with a rapid heart beat so I placed on medicine again. Presently, I keep having palpitations that come in strong beats on and off and sometimes on a consistent basis. The heart beats are not rapid, but they are annoying.

At times I get this tightness in my chest and back pain. I have been to the emergency room 5 times in the past month. I take medication for A-fib, but this present experience is something that I have never felt before.

Right now at this very moment I want to cry, because it seems like NO ONE knows how to help me. My family doctor is very concerned and he had me see another Cardiologist this week for a second opinion. At night I can hardly sleep.

I really need someone who can help guide me in the right direction. It is 12:40 am right now. I couldn't sleep! I got up tried to do some more research on my own and your website came up. I truly feel awful right now. I could use some positive answers right now. Perhaps someone can help. I know that you will need more detail information, but right now I am just so upset and annoyed that I can't think straight to express all of what I need to say. I look forward to your response. Thank you

Lisa

We glad you found us too! Having a medical issue is frightening the sleepless nights that occur due to stress certainly don't help.

Can you tell us where you are living?

LisaW (reply to Susan Cody)

I live in New York City.