Which products help with inflammation?

By November 29, 2011 - 12:42pm

Hi, I did mention awhile regarding a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa and I know it's something that cause inflammation and I want to know if their is anything to take internally that stops inflammation? I know vitamin E helps but I'd like to know if their are more products available for inflammation? Please let me know.

Hi Melissa

Vitamin E is a good source of anti oxidants that I mentioned above as being a good guard against inflammation.

Vitamin E is found in eggs, poultry, fruit, leafy green veg, meat, nuts and whole grains.

Taking a good multi vitamin supplement may help. You can go to a vitamin store or to a drug store and ask a pharmacist what multi-vitamin would be good for you. Centrum is generally considered a good brand, as is the Costco brand.

Thanks for your reply. Would you know anything like vitamin E?

Hi Melissa,

An over-the-counter like Advil is good for inflammation but many foods are too. Many people with auto-immune conditions that cause inflammation (like R.A. or Lupus) or inflammation in general can benefit from certain diets. Here is more information:

Here's a brief list of foods thought to have anti-inflammatory agents:

-Omega 3 fatty acids (fish or flax seed)
-Colorful fruits and vegetables like pineapples and apples for fruit, and tomatoes and peppers for veggies (technically they are both also fruits but we'll call them veggies for now!) as well as onions, spinach and kale.
-Whole grains
-Nuts like walnuts.

Eat foods high in anti oxidants.

Here's a slide show of foods that are really good for the body, including those that can help with inflammation.

I hope this helps and thanks for writing,