Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: While Googling Amberen I also read about Menoquil, also all natural. Anyone have any info?

I am 48 and have already reached menopause: over a year without a period, night sweats, hot flashes, anxiety, weight gain, etc. The worst part of it is the forgetfulness/confusion, irritability/mood swings, (okay, it's more like I grew a 2nd head and started breathing fire!!). And NO SEX DRIVE! (My poor fiancee!)
I don't even recognize myself anymore... I used to be fun, fairly articulate and fit with a healthy libido.
If anyone has any words of wisdom, I'm listeneing ! Thanks, CrazyJane

Anonymous

When my mother was 48 she had a massive stroke, which now with all the research that I've done due to my turning into a crazy zombie women that couldn't sleep all night and couldn't stay awake all day along with every other menopausal symptom, hot flashes, weight gain, high blood pressure, mood swings, concentration problems, allergy/stuffy nose, loss of smell and no sex drive. I'm convinced that her medical issues were due to extreme low levels of estrogen, which can cause very serious debilitating if not deadly health conditions. Just like every women does not handle pregnancy the same, they also dont experience menopause the same. Some women fly right by it with only a hot flash here and there and look at you like your a crazy hypochondriac that you think all these ailments are due to menopause. Well Im here to tell you they are! I should have knows that I wouldn't handle menopause well when I had extreme post par tom anxiety with my 2nd and 3rd child to the point of only breathing 30% of my capacity and the doctors said I had asthma.. NOT!! When I turned 48 my blood pressure rose to extreme high stroke danger levels. Of course the doctors just put me on HBP meds and sent me out the door. After much research I made an appointment to have my hormone levels checked, the doctor was baffled and said that he didnt understand how my estrogen level could be this low.. it was -50, which if you do any research on extreme levels of estrogen it causes all kinds of havoc. I thins the blood vessels in your brain and if left untreated can cause strokes, pulmonary brain aneurysms. Menoquil is awesome for the side affects but did nothing for the blood pressure, so I went on the bio-identical replacement therapy and had to go off blood pressure meds within 2 months because it was getting way too low (to my doctors surprise) because when my estrogen level was brought back up it brought the pressure down... My advise to everyone reading this.. listen to your own body, we are all different and quite frankly doctors dont know squat about this unless they specialize in it. Research Research Research, look at all the symptoms that other people have and if you are one of the lucky ones with just a mood swing/hot flash here and there bravo to you and menoquil is your answer! <3

Sandy S.

I have tried several menopause supplements, and they seemed to work on some of the symptoms but not all of them. One of my worst problem was the inability to sleep. After taking Menoquil for about 10 days, I slept through the entire night for the first time in almost a year. It's been a month now, and I'm still sleeping soundly. This supplement is a miracle for me, and I also don't have the mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats (but the other supps helped with those). I am 49 and have been having menopause symptoms for 1 1/2 years now.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Sandy S.)

Hi Sandy!

Thanks for your testimony - we're always happy to know what has or hasn't worked for women.

I'm glad you are feeling a lot better, menopause may be a natural part of life but it isn't an easy one for many. 

Anonymous

Menoquil was a miracle for me. I was experiencing all the menopausal symptoms and getting so depressed. I felt miserable! I was researching and came across it, ordered and within the first day I noticed a difference. Had tried many other over the counter supplements with no luck! It has been over 3 months now and feel great! So far so good. My husband is amazed too.

Jessica Parker

Hi,
Amberen is popular menopause supplement that support menopause women and also helps to control weight gain during this condition. It contains MSG, so this does not goes well with some women. Menoquil on other hand contains black cohosh as main ingredient. This herb has been used for centuries to balance the female hormones and improve the reproductive capability in women. For this reason, there is no harm in trying it to treat night sweats, hot flashes and anxiety.

Anonymous

I think you ladies have convinced me to give Menoquil a try..guess these hot flashes/ night sweats and weight gain can't get any worse ! Let's hope! I am miserable and have to try something again..Mendapause didnt work for me..Im hoping Ill be back to write a positive testimonial soon.

What have u determined in regards to effectiveness of Menoquil? I am allergic to MSG so would not tolerate Amberen.
Thanks!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We hope it works for you, Anon.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Anonymous

Menoquil works for me. I was Googling Amberen also and ran across Menoquil as the #1 product for menopausal symptoms. It is an all natural product. It seems to live up to it's claim so far I am still on the first bottle. I thought about giving Amberen a try just for comparison. But I'm skeptical because it claims to be all natural but it is non herbal so I don't quite get it. What are natural molecules? Can't get the answers I'm searching for so I will stay with Menoquill. Hope this helps. :)

David Gomes (reply to Anonymous)

I totally agree with you that menoquil is an all-natural product as it contains a blend of herbal extracts that help menopausal women to deal with the side effects of menopause.
However, natural molecules are chemical compounds produced by a living organism - found in nature that usually has a pharmacological or biological activity for use in pharmaceutical drug discovery and drug design.

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :