is white small bumps arounds the nipple a type of breast cancer?

By Anonymous December 14, 2009 - 12:46am

ok im 18 i have small white bumps around both my nipples..i have had sharp pains before in nipple.ihad seen a white bump on my nipple and i thot it was jus a pimple so i tryd to pop it n squeeze them on some of them nothing came out but on a couple white stuff came out not alot but a tiny bit\.

This is great I like the feed back. I'm on my cycle. I notice the bumps the second day of my cycle. I cramp and flow pretty heavy. I always notice my breast get much larger when I'm on my cycle. I never noticed the bumps before.

So I have these same bumps but its like a lot and there very noticible so am I preagnat?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

A missed period and a positive pregnancy test confirm pregnancy.

Are these bumps new or have you had them a while? Have you mentioned them to your doctor?

Do not squeeze them again and keep an eye on them. If they continue to be sore, stay swollen, look red and feel warm, see your doctor right away. They could have become infected and you will need to receive treatment with antibiotics.

I have those white small bumps as well.... I squeezed one and now it's swollen... Not huge but definitely more noticeable and a little painful only cause I keep messing with it! Will it go back down on it's own? Should I try the heat? Or go straight to the doctor?

Yes yhis helped alot thank you for ur help:)

It's very normal to sometimes have small white bumps on the nipple or areola areas of the breast. If they don't hurt or become red/inflamed/infected, there is no problem with it.

Here's a photo of a breast and nipple area where these bumps show (though they may not be as white as you describe). Is this what you are asking about?

There's also a black and white picture here that shows them:

They are also called Montgomery tubercles or Montgomery glands. And they'll probably become more noticeable when you become pregnant. But they are normal and not anthing to worry about.

Don't squeeze them when they appear white -- that can lead to infection. Warm compresses help more.

Does this help?

Anonymous (reply to Diane Porter)

If they are normal during pregnacy. I'm on birthcontrol I'm not pregnant and it's been a while since I've been with someone is this normal Or should I talk to my dr?

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide