white vaginal discharge NO burning, itching, or STD

By Anonymous February 24, 2012 - 10:44am

For about a month straight I have experienced white sometimes clumpy discharge almost like a yeast infection but have had no itching or burning or dryness. There is little to no odor and I just got all my test results back NORMAL. So why the persistent random discharge??

Anonymous

for the past couple of months i have been having watery white discharge from my vagina. Sometimes it's watery as wel. It sticks to my vagina lips and the rest of the inside. It is not acompanied by itching or burning or change in vagina colour. It does not stop even though i get my period. What is it???

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You may have a condition called likoria.

Likora or leukorrhea, which is the medical term, is a thick, whitish vaginal discharge.

It may be normal or may be a sign of infection.

It originates from the vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes, or, most commonly, the cervix. Leukorrhea may occur during pregnancy and is considered normal when the discharge is thin, white, and relatively odorless.

Physiologic leukorrhea is a normal condition occurring within several months to a year of the onset of menses in adolescent girls and is sometimes present in newborn girls, usually lasting one to two months.

However, in some cases, leukorrhea is a sign of infection, especially when the discharge is yellow or green, has an offensive odor, and is accompanied by irritation, itching, pain, or tissue inflammation.

Since your discharge is clear, there may be no infection but it's a good idea to for you to see a doctor.

R. Scott Thornton

R. Scott Thornton MD, author of Ask Your Gynecologist, just released in January 2014
www.AskYourGynecologist.org

Here is a link to my article telling you everything you need to know about vaginal discharge. Ignore the ads and read all 4 pages:
: http://www.empowher.com/menstrual-cycle/content/ask-your-gynecologist-i-...

Changes in your body chemistry can happen as the body progresses in life or you reach a different level of sexual maturity.

Some women get this kind of discharge when they ovulate - some all month long. Both are normal, if as you mention, there are no diseases or infections. If you have been very sexually active (without using a condom) in the past month, your discharge will also increase a lot. What goes up, must come down!

Here is more information for you that I think may help: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/vaginal-discharge-an...

~Susan