Who could be the possible father, if I am pregnant?

By June 11, 2012 - 1:51pm

Okay, so i am going to get into some full detail here. First I am going to start off with my last 3 periods. I had a period on April 4, 2012, April 23, 2012 and then again on May 21, 2012. So according to my "my days" period app on my phone it states that my approximate cycle is around 25 days. According to ovulation calculators that I have used online according to my last period it says that i will/was most likely to ovulate on June 1 through the 2nd. Well I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the Wednesday prior to my expected ovulation. So yes, I know I would of been real fertile that day. I kind of believe that I did ovulate on June first, for I had some discharge and felt a little slimey down there and when I would walk around I would kind of feel like I was "leaking". But I am not 100% positive that I ovulated on the day. On June 3rd, I ended up being diagnosed with a bacterial infection and was treated with flagyl. So, now I am kind of wondering is maybe that what the discharge was from when i was expecting to be ovulating? Well, on June 4, 2012 unfortunately I was raped. I went to the hospital and got checked out, and the doctors gave me a shot just incase the man who raped me was carrying anything and transferred it to me. Well the hospital confirmed that the man who raped me in fact did ejactulate in me. Well now my next expected period is due on June 15, 2012. I kind of have a slight feeling that I might be pregnant, but I'm not 100% sure at this moment. So if i am pregnant now I am wondering who the father could possibly be? My boyfriend? Or the man who raped me? I don't want a child to a man who raped me, but I don't want to have to get an abortion either. But I know if I am pregnant and it is the man who raped me, I would most likely never truly love that child. So, I would go with an abortion. But if it's my boyfriends, then no I don't want an abortion. I want that child. So, I need to know who the father would possibly be. I know that I can get a prenatal DNA test done (cvs) or what ever it is called, but I also know that it is not that safe to get a prenatal DNA done during pregnancy. But I can't wait until the child is born to determine who the father may be (that is if I am actually pregnant) And I call myself fertile mertile because thats what I am! LOL! Can someone please help me, to help me ease my mind? Thank you.

Hi brazeybaby25

I'm deeply sorry to read your story and I do hope you receive counseling after your rape and the perpetrator is caught and removed from society.

I think you need to check your hospital records after this incident. It is standard procedure to give a rape victim emergency contraception after the rape, as well as antiviral drugs against disease. For them not to give you this medication would be highly unusual - almost impossible. Call the hospital and ask for a record review - the liklihood that you were given emergency contraception is nearly 100%, therefore your risk of getting pregnant from the rape is very low.

You do not have any confirmation that you are pregnant although if you are due on the 15th, an early pregnancy test should be accurate today and if you take one, you'll know where you stand. Actual ovulation only lasts 24 hours, not three days like a lot of people think. The three day idea is that you will likely ovulate for 24 hours within a three day period mid-cycle. So if you ovulated around the 1st or 2nd, you would be unlikely to get pregnant by the rapist.

As far as DNA testing goes, this is something you need to discuss with your doctor although you need to remember that you will need to be several months along before testing can happen. As you say, there are risks involved.

Right now, your emphasis needs to be pregnancy testing and receiving the emotional help you need at this time.

I wish you the best and please stay in touch with us,

Thank you Susan,

I contacted the hospital, and they informed me that they gave me the shot to prevent any diseases. But also informed me that they didn't give me any emergency contraceptive, because I told them I was trying to concieve with my boyfriend/fiancee.

I took a early pregnancy test today, and saw a faint line. So I took another one and saw a faint line. And then took another one and that said negative and then I took another one and saw a faint line.

So I have 3 fain't lines, and one negative. I'm guessing that I am pregnant. And now leaves me to wonder who the father is. The predator was caught yesterday evening because his sperm matched another sperm in records and he left evidence on my clothes. So I am relieved that he has been caught and taken off these streets. But I do know that he has a bond and the bond is not high at all, it's only $10,000 and he only has to post 10% of that. So I believe that he will be getting out.

So, now that I am pregnant. Who would the alledged father be?