Why am I continually getting pilonidal cysts?

I am 30yr old and am working on my 3rd cyst. I seem to get them about every ten years. I had surgery on my first two and was able to rupture this cyst on my own. I am hoping it will heal by itself but the dull pain doesn't seem to be going away. I was under the impress that after my second surgery, when my butt crack was a complete scar, I was not able to get another one. I do not have excessive hair, don't sweat a lot and don't feel like I sit a ton (I'm a nurse). I am 6 months postpartum.

Pilonidal cysts are a huge pain in the you-know-what: quite literally. I was researching them once and felt immediate sympathy for anyone dealing with these.

As a nurse, you are obviously on your feet a lot so inactivity can't be the issue. One thing to note is that having a personal history or a family history of these cysts is a factor in their return but that's generally if they are just drained.

Anon, I was also under the impression that after the more in-depth surgery, a returning cyst was also not possible. Is the cyst in the exact same place as the other ones?

Pilonidal Cyst