Thyroid Conditions

ask: Why am I feeling bad after thyroid surgery?

I had my left thyroid removed in December, 2008 because of a nodule. It was benign.
All my TSH levels are in normal range. I take 50mcgs. of Synthroid daily.

I suffer from severe depression. I am on 60 mgs of Cymbalta daily.

I am still feeling miserable. I am extremely tired, even more so since the surgery. I sleep 10+ hours daily and I am STILL tired. I have absolutely NO energy to do anything. Just getting dressed is an effort!

I am in need of some answers as to why I am still feeling so tired. My get up and go has "gone up and went."

Please, please help...I don't know what to do. Any information you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Karen

Anonymous

I had the same problem and had thyroid removed in August 2014 . I've been on synthroid ever since , started @ Low dose, then .150 , .175 & 200. Went back to .175 Now on .175 on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. And .150 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. All due to feeling bad, anxiety, and depression. All TSH test showed within normal range, still feel like crap . I don't know the answer, but getting disgusted with not feeling good all the time.

Anonymous

Hi Everyone,
I am confused on what I should do....I need a little help making my decision. I have a benign nodule on my left thyroid lobe. My food is getting a little hard to swallow and I'm getting a little bit of reflux. It's a little bothersome, I always feel something stuck in my throat and you can see the goiter. I was thinking of getting my thyroid removed but after reading some of your post I got scared of the post-op symptoms. Should I do it or not? Thank you in advance.

sflock (reply to Anonymous)

I would have it out. I was having the same symptoms and was also told it was benign. When I came out of recovery they told me it was cancer. Not trying to scare you at all, but anytime we have something growing and causing these problems we should get it out. Prayers for you and your decision.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We cannot make that decision for you but I hope some of our readers can give you some input that can help you to come to a decision on your own.

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your response.
I'm not looking for someone to make the decision for me.. I just need clarity....I'm scared that if I keep my nodule longer that it will become to big and harder to swallow and breath. I had an anxiety attack because of it. I been having really bad mood swings... I think I'm starting to grow two little horns and a tail because I been so moody. But if I have surgery there's a possibility that I'm going to be super tired all the time. Also on meds for the rest of my life. And maybe continue having these horrible mood swings.
choices, choices!

Just had my thyroid last month, and biopsy showed it was malignant. Do not wait around to see if it will "get better". I did the same thing with another dr, all she wanted to do was do a biopsy and wait 6 months. Well that plan worked real well. I had the surgery and will get a dose of radioactive iodine next week and that apparently will be it. In the meantime I am on no meds because they have to rid my system of as much iodine as possible to do the treatment. I am so beyond tired it is pathetic. When I make the bed it is my big chore of the day. I then need a nap. Sorry to be a downer, but don't wait. Have it checked out now.

From what I've read. May want to try vitamin D. It can help. Also take iron supplements everyday. Try that first.

Sandra Smith

Was wondering .... I had a Full Thyroid Ectomey back in 2010 and I am curently taking 150 Levothroxine , If the world was to get BAD ,,,Meaning SHFT , Governement Shutting Down etc , You get the idea :) Would it be SAFE for me to susitute taking iThroid for my condition , or would I still die ??? Thanks :)

Anonymous

I had a total Thyroidectomy six months ago and even after my endocrinologist increased my dosage of Thyroxine I still terribly tired all the time, then I changed my diet and started drinking 24 oz. Of green vegitable smoothie a day, one fruit smoothie a day and started eating lean high protein meals, and made sure I drank lots of water, after only 3 weeks I have an amazing amount of more energy.

Thank you, this is so helpful. I am literally falling asleep everywhere

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :