Why am I so dry...down there?

By August 29, 2011 - 10:53am

Since I had my first child in 2006, I have a bit of a dry spell I guess you could say. When I am sexually aroused I do get wet, but as soon as we start to have sex I get dry real quick. I have no idea what is going on with me. It is making my relationship and my sex life suffer. What can I do besides use lubricant or do i need to use it?

Hi summerp

If you have had this problem for 5 years, it's definitely time to fix things!

You may have a hormonal balance (a drop in estrogen levels can cause dryness) that needs to be tested (a simple blood test is all that's generally needed). If lubricant is not really working for you, then a visit to a health care provider might be a good idea.

Is your partner good in bed? Does he spend time with foreplay and make sure you are satisfied? Is your sex life good? Are you healthy and getting enough rest?

Here is an article that might be good for you to read, too. Check it out here and let me know what you think!