Emotional Health

Emotional Health Guide

ask: why am I so moody all the time?

I am 22yrs old, I get stressed, emotional, and angry very easily and I dont think its PMS because its all the time. I also seem to get nervouse over simple things like going to the shops on my own , I always worry what people think about me and its getting worse.

MsGrape

I am in the same situation as you. Medication and therapy can help. I would suggest telling your family doctor or any medical professional what you are feeling and they can make suggestions to help. If you want to chat please contact me :-)

Anonymous

I have these really highs that go to extreme lows in a second, I will feel really good and than I will think that someone has said something bad or thought something bad about me so than I will go to an extreme low. I get really upset and feel worthless some days are better than the others and but everyday I have these incredible mood swings. Also when Im nervous my words get jumbled and I cant think straight i start shaking I feel Like I am going crazy btw I am under a lot of stress

Anonymous

I am 20 and I have been experiencing the same symptoms the worst problem is that I'm tired all the time I mean even in the morning its normal any advice?

Anonymous

I know exactly how you feel. I am the same age and have been experiencing the same symptoms. I don't know what is wrong with me, and today I just felt like crying. It's like I have so much on my mind I don't know what to do, and I don't really have anyone to talk to. logo design service

Anonymous

I also think that I have social anxiety because I am so nervous when I'm around people! I just don't ever feel normal. I'm also paranoid because I always think that people are talking or looking at me. I just feel very self-conscious. I really don't have many friends because I experience these thoughts and feelings to the extreme. I am getting really tired of living like this. Any advice? I really want people with this same problem to get the help they need as well :)

Anonymous

Hello Kathy,

I am sorry that you are feeling that way. Like you I have experienced the same symptoms, based of my personal experience it seems like you may have some kind of social anxiety. I don't feel like people are thinking of me at the mall, but I feel this way when I am socializing with a group of people, I feel that if I walk away for any reason they will start talking about me. As much as I tell myself that is all in my head, it is still there. I also suffer from PMDD. I was recently put on Celexa along with talk therapy once a week and I feel great so far. I was very nervous at first about having to find a therapist, so I started doing online therapy and luckily my therapist is also in my town. You should discuss your symptoms with your doctor and you should give talk therapy a chance. You can find some online therapy here http://www.online.therapyhub.com/?affid=121888. The first time I went there, I was able to talk to a therapist for free. I hope this helps and good luck, keep on keeping on!!!

Anonymous

I feel the same way except I'm 18. I feel terrible for always feeling so irritable and snapping at everyone but I honestly just can't control it. I have no money to go see a doctor right now so if anyone has ideas as to what would help it would be greatly appreciated.

silent

I cannot sleep at night if something bother me!
It's horrible to turn my mind off it.
The restless nights brings boring day.
I talk a lot to myself "mind" and something like another person in me.
No one to share with!

hwilcox1174

I know exactly how you feel. I am the same age and have been experiencing the same symptoms. I don't know what is wrong with me, and today I just felt like crying. It's like I have so much on my mind I don't know what to do, and I don't really have anyone to talk to.

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for your post and welcome!
I'm sorry you feel so moody and nervous to go out on your own--but looking for a solution is taking the right steps, so good for you!
I do have a couple of questions for you, though:

Do you have health insurance? If so, have you seen a doctor?
Have you been on any meds lately?
Have you had any big changes happening lately? Anything that could cause stress?

The reason for all these questions is because sometimes we don't realize that all the stress could have caused us to be depressed-- even if it's a mild form. Or sometimes an imbalance within the bodies hormones can cause a shift in feelings. I'd like to know what you've been told by doctors if you've seen one or if you'd be willing to visit your doctor and we can take it from there.

Here is a similar situation to yours, perhaps the responses on that thread could help.

http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/why-am-i-always-tired-moody-depres...

Best Wishes!

Are you happy with your appearance?: