why am i still bleeding after 3 weeks with pain during sex

I have been bleadind for about 3 weeks now. I don't get a normal period monthly and I have 3 girls the last one was born February 2014. I'm also having pain during intercourse like something is going yo far in or something what could this be from??

Thank you for reaching out to the EmpowHER community with your question. I definitely think this warrants a call to your doctor. I understand that you have irregular periods, but bleeding for 3 weeks straight is something you need to see a doctor about especially since you are experiencing pain during sex. 

There could be something anatomically wrong or an infection causing the pain.

Anon, will you call your doctor?

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

According to one of our EmpowHER writers, millions of women experience painful sex for a variety of reasons. Pain during sex may be due to many different causes.

The medical term for painful sex is dyspareunia which is defined, according to the Mayo Clinic, as persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs just before, during or after intercourse. The pain can range from mild to excruciating.

One of the top causes of painful sex is vaginal atrophy. This is the thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls from a loss of estrogen.

Certain medications are known to inhibit arousal, which can decrease vaginal lubrication and make sex painful. These include antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, sedatives, antihistamines and certain birth control pills.

Other causes are injury, trauma or irritation which could come from an accident, pelvic surgery, female circumcision, episiotomy or a congenital abnormality.

Vulvodynia is characterized by hypersensitivity to touch, usually in the vaginal entrance. This can be the result of having frequent vaginal infections, particularly yeast infections.

Certain illnesses and conditions such as certain types of cancer, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine prolapse, retroverted uterus, uterine fibroids, cystitis, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids and ovarian cysts can result in painful sex.

Surgical scarring that involve the pelvic area, including hysterectomy, can sometimes cause painful sex. In addition, medical treatments for cancer, such as radiation and chemotherapy, can create changes that make sex painful.

Treatment of dyspareunia can take many different forms.

What concerns me is that you are bleeding for the last three weeks. You may have an internal injury. You may have a tumor or growth inside that is causing pain when you have sex. 
You really need to see a doctor about this - unless you have a physical evaluation, it's impossible to say what is happening. But I would see medical advice as soon as possible/ This kind of bleeding is abnormal and when there is also pain, seeing medical advice is imperative. 

Will you keep us posted, Anon?

Painful Sexual Intercourse

Painful Sexual Intercourse Guide