Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: why am i still bleeding almost 3 weeks after getting my period?

please be aware explanations will have to be in simple english as I have learning difficulties

Anonymous

I have been bleeding for 3 weeks. It stated light with slimy clear discharge and blood for a week then blood with clot. I'm 40 yrs

Anonymous

i haveing that same problem for three months no period but now i have them for three or more weeks

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 19 I've been having periods since I was 13 or 14 they have always been regular. I miscarried in December but my periods have been regular since then. I am not on any type of birth control but I have had unprotected sex. I've been bleeding for almost a month now when my period usually only last for about five days.. It started off as spotting and a very light pink with some blood but has gotten heavier like my usual periods these past two days. What is going on with me? Can anyone help? Am I pregnant? Could I have miscarried again? Any advice would be appreciated! Ill answer any questions to help you give me the best advice, thank you!
-Ashlin

Anonymous

hey, Edgehead here again, forgot my log in details so I'll need to do this anonymously. it finally went away but then the same thing happened a whole lot worse in February 2012 i was bleeding really heavy as though i was haemhorraging so i went to the doctor and she gave me northoristerone and i'm back on my regular cycle. I am however about to move house and since no one is telling me anything i think the same may happen again. I still don't trust doctors and I stopped going to Irish Dancing, that being said however i am still active.

Anonymous

i have been on my period fir 17 days straight. iv had alot of pain non stop pain my periods are really heavy and i have been sick twice i have never had this before and i am also on the pill

Anonymous

I Have Been Bleeding For At least A Week And Saturday I Stopped & In The Night Nothing. And Sunday I Started Bleeding Again But Stopped Monday

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This is quite common toward the end of a period - one can stop for a day or so and then have another day of a period until it ends. If the period ended after that last day, it's normal.

~Susan

Anonymous

Have you seen a doctor yet? Since you have been bleeding for almost a month now, you should go and get a check up from your gynecologist. There could be several reasons behind the constant bleeding.

There are options that you have such as a D&C (Dilation and curettage) where the uterus is widened and tissue and the lining of the uterus is scraped out. Changing your diet, such as removing white's (rice, bread, etc.) is also known to work.

First, I would make an appointment with your physician to be sure there are no issues associated with the bleeding. Can you keep us updated?

Missie

Anonymous

i have had a period for 3 weeks and it's still going. it's not like a regular period though. the first couple of days it seemed normal, then it stopped for a day and started back up and continued for about a week and a half, but now it is like a little blood, but then the rest looks like a brownish color. i am 17 and i take the depo shot and i have been on it for almost a year. i've had my period since i was 13, almost 14. i had gotten sick at the begging of february and i had to take anitbiotics. i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a week after taking my medicine. i haven't really had stress. my mother told me i could be having a long period because i have a problem with not eating a lot of food (i don't get enough iron, proteins, etc...) i've never had this problem before though. i am so confused. i know it couldn't be a misscarriage because i've had one of those already about a year ago and i only bleed for a week. i've never had a period this long before. it's always been 7-10 days long.

susan kep

I'm 20 years old and i been bleeding for 3 weeks and on the top of that i been getting headaches for about 2 weeks and i get them in random time of the day

How do you control your PMS?: