Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: why am i still bleeding almost 3 weeks after getting my period?

please be aware explanations will have to be in simple english as I have learning difficulties

Anonymous

I've had my period for 2 weeks straight. It stopped for a day, I had sex with my partner and it has started again. It had started up very light but is a vibrant red. I am in the mini pill and have been for 10 months now. What does this mean?

Anonymous

So I get my period every 3 to 4 months and I always last like a week. But I'm on my period now and I've been bleeding for almost 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this is normal , I'm 16 btw

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The teen years are not always regular for girls in terms of periods but if you're only getting 3-4 a year and now you are bleeding for three solid weeks - this is not normal. 

Talk to your parent or doctor about birth control options to regulate your periods and stop all this bleeding.  You may also need some blood work to check to see if you have some underlying reproductive condition that is causing this. 

Please keep us posted! 

Anonymous

I've been looking online because i'm almost thirteen and i've had my period for about eleven days now. It usually lasts five.

We cannot help readers under 14. Please talk to a trusted adult with your concerns. 

Anonymous

Same exereince you ladies Im spotting and ligh bleeding for 3weeks.what does it mean?Im worried becouse this is the 1st time that my period long last for 3weeks.my menstrual cycle is regular.i had ultra sound yesterday but nothing wrong its normal.what can i do?still bleeding until now.

Anonymous

hello, i have been on my period for 18 days now. My period usually lasts 7 days. Im still bleeding heavily and i have to change pad regularly and use night ones during the day. do i need to go to the doctor, or is it normal for this to happen sometimes? thank you

Anonymous

I have been bleeding for 3 weeks. It stated light with slimy clear discharge and blood for a week then blood with clot. I'm 40 yrs

Anonymous

i haveing that same problem for three months no period but now i have them for three or more weeks

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 19 I've been having periods since I was 13 or 14 they have always been regular. I miscarried in December but my periods have been regular since then. I am not on any type of birth control but I have had unprotected sex. I've been bleeding for almost a month now when my period usually only last for about five days.. It started off as spotting and a very light pink with some blood but has gotten heavier like my usual periods these past two days. What is going on with me? Can anyone help? Am I pregnant? Could I have miscarried again? Any advice would be appreciated! Ill answer any questions to help you give me the best advice, thank you!
-Ashlin

How do you control your PMS?: