Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: why am i still bleeding almost 3 weeks after getting my period?

please be aware explanations will have to be in simple english as I have learning difficulties

Anonymous

Hi I had my menstruation on the first week of december(2014) and it stopped then I have it again on the 3rd week until now(January2015) . PLS help me. i don't know what to do. i don't take birth control or any pills.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This does seems unusual. Are your periods usually regular? 

If the bleeding doesn't stop soon, see your doctor as this kind of bleeding is not normal. You may have a hormonal balance or even a cyst that is causing this. 

Please keep us posted! 

Anonymous

I have birth control implanted in my arm, about 3 to 4 weeks ago I got my period but it wasn't really a normal... It was mostly light spotting, then it stopped, then started again and I've been spotting on and off ever since for these past three weeks or so, can someone help me? Could I be pregnant? I'm 17.

Anonymous

Hi, my period started on time about 3 weeks ago but usually when I come on it's very heavy and then gets lighter after about 3 days and stops after about 6 days, this was the opposite, I came on very light and then got heavier, stopped after 6 days and then 3 days after stopping it started again, lasted a week and stopped for about 3 days again and started again yesterday VERY heavily. I've always had quite regular periods so I'm quite worried, im not on any birth control at the minute and im 20 years old. Please help.

Anonymous

I've had my period for 2 weeks straight. It stopped for a day, I had sex with my partner and it has started again. It had started up very light but is a vibrant red. I am in the mini pill and have been for 10 months now. What does this mean?

Anonymous

So I get my period every 3 to 4 months and I always last like a week. But I'm on my period now and I've been bleeding for almost 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this is normal , I'm 16 btw

The teen years are not always regular for girls in terms of periods but if you're only getting 3-4 a year and now you are bleeding for three solid weeks - this is not normal. 

Talk to your parent or doctor about birth control options to regulate your periods and stop all this bleeding.  You may also need some blood work to check to see if you have some underlying reproductive condition that is causing this. 

Please keep us posted! 

Anonymous

I've been looking online because i'm almost thirteen and i've had my period for about eleven days now. It usually lasts five.

We cannot help readers under 14. Please talk to a trusted adult with your concerns. 

Anonymous

Same exereince you ladies Im spotting and ligh bleeding for 3weeks.what does it mean?Im worried becouse this is the 1st time that my period long last for 3weeks.my menstrual cycle is regular.i had ultra sound yesterday but nothing wrong its normal.what can i do?still bleeding until now.

How do you control your PMS?: