Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: why am i still bleeding almost 3 weeks after getting my period?

please be aware explanations will have to be in simple english as I have learning difficulties

Anonymous

Same exereince you ladies Im spotting and ligh bleeding for 3weeks.what does it mean?Im worried becouse this is the 1st time that my period long last for 3weeks.my menstrual cycle is regular.i had ultra sound yesterday but nothing wrong its normal.what can i do?still bleeding until now.

Anonymous

hello, i have been on my period for 18 days now. My period usually lasts 7 days. Im still bleeding heavily and i have to change pad regularly and use night ones during the day. do i need to go to the doctor, or is it normal for this to happen sometimes? thank you

Anonymous

I have been bleeding for 3 weeks. It stated light with slimy clear discharge and blood for a week then blood with clot. I'm 40 yrs

Anonymous

i haveing that same problem for three months no period but now i have them for three or more weeks

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 19 I've been having periods since I was 13 or 14 they have always been regular. I miscarried in December but my periods have been regular since then. I am not on any type of birth control but I have had unprotected sex. I've been bleeding for almost a month now when my period usually only last for about five days.. It started off as spotting and a very light pink with some blood but has gotten heavier like my usual periods these past two days. What is going on with me? Can anyone help? Am I pregnant? Could I have miscarried again? Any advice would be appreciated! Ill answer any questions to help you give me the best advice, thank you!
-Ashlin

Sometimes periods can be irregular especially the way your body wa tgrough so much.

Anonymous

hey, Edgehead here again, forgot my log in details so I'll need to do this anonymously. it finally went away but then the same thing happened a whole lot worse in February 2012 i was bleeding really heavy as though i was haemhorraging so i went to the doctor and she gave me northoristerone and i'm back on my regular cycle. I am however about to move house and since no one is telling me anything i think the same may happen again. I still don't trust doctors and I stopped going to Irish Dancing, that being said however i am still active.

Anonymous

i have been on my period fir 17 days straight. iv had alot of pain non stop pain my periods are really heavy and i have been sick twice i have never had this before and i am also on the pill

Anonymous

I Have Been Bleeding For At least A Week And Saturday I Stopped & In The Night Nothing. And Sunday I Started Bleeding Again But Stopped Monday

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This is quite common toward the end of a period - one can stop for a day or so and then have another day of a period until it ends. If the period ended after that last day, it's normal.

~Susan

How do you control your PMS?: