Why are my nipples so tender?

By Anonymous December 16, 2014 - 6:44pm

I am pretty sure I am not pregnant as I have not had a period in over a year as I have an implant in my arm, besides that, for the past three days my nipples have been super tender to the touch, but not sore unless touched, could anyone please explain why?

Hello Anon,

Thank you for reaching out to the EmpowHER community and for sharing your question. 

Have you experienced any burning, tingling, discharge or bleeding from your nipples?

Some of the causes (unrelated to pregnancy) are hormonal imbalances, inflammatory disorders, environmental factors, allergies, skin conditions, infections, itching, sensitivity and sexual activity.

I would call your doctor to schedule an exam to test for any of these symptoms. 

In the meantime, this post got a lot of activity in the EmpowHER community, you should check it out:-)

Anon, was this helpful?

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide