Why the change in my period?

For the last 3 months, my period has been a little lighter than usual and my typical PMS symptoms of cramping have gone away completely. My flow consisted of solid, dark clumps and would last 3-5 days almost every 22-28 days. I still have had my period for 5 days all three months, but the clumps have been very spatted looking and diluted.
I should note that I am 19 years old and am a freshman in a college three hours away from my hometown. I first noticed the change when my period was a week late. This being I had just decided to quit playing soccer towards the end of the tryouts as it had become too physically, mentally, and emotionally draining. I took into account that that stress was the reason my period was late. However, for the last two months, my period has been almost exactly week later than the due 28 day mark and the clumps irregular.

Are there any other reasons or things I should concern myself with other then the stress of being in a new environment? What else could have effected this sudden change? Thank you for your time and help :)

Thanks so much for your question and for finding EmpowHER!

I think you hit the nail on the head exactly. You are in a completely different environment, you are facing different stressors, probably have changed your diet and sleep habit a bit and like the rest of your body, your cycle is changing too.

I would not worry too much about this change (unless things change yet again) for now - it sounds like you are adjusting to a new life. Good for you for quitting soccer when you saw the pressure it could cause. Think about taking an iron supplement during your period if your clots are heavy; you could be low during this time.

If you have any other questions let me know, but I don't think you have too much to worry about. But as always, call your doctor if you're worried.

Good luck in college!

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. That does help me and my worries :)