Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: why did i havesuch a severe adverse reaction to hormone injection

I started having uncontrollable mood swings, feelings of being out of control, couldn't get my thoughts together, feelings of low self esteem, worthlessness, panic attacks, delusional thoughts, and a serious episode of extreme uncontrollable rage and aggression, about two weeks after receiving an injection of bio identical hormones. It was the most horrible thing Ive ever experienced in my life. I have always had to be careful of drugs because of a history of low tolerance. Typically most drugs do affect me differently than the average person. I did discuss this concern with my doctor, and she said she would give me the lowest dose to see how I tolerated it. It has caused my husband to file divorce, because it was so horrifying. I felt like I was possessed. Please help me understand what happened to me.. Vivia Causey

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER. Everyone's body can response different to the same medication.  You need to discuss with your doctor the symptoms you are having.  He can help you know if it's right for you or maybe finding an alternative medication.

Daisy

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :