why do I bleed after being fingered ?

By Anonymous April 24, 2010 - 9:35pm

Im 18 and me and my boyfriend have had sex before and im pretty sure he broke my hymen. We were playing he used three fingers and when he pulled out there was blood . He has used 3 fingers before and this has never happened. Im scared and I don't know what's wrong.

The trauma that Rosa spoke about would be any kind of tearing in the vaginal area by something like his nails scratching the inside of you. Just as if you scratched yourself on the arm. It may bleed for a little while but it will heal. You indicated that he was sort of rough and this may be the case.

You shouldn't worry too much about it unless you continue to bleed or feel pain in the area. As any cut, it will heal over time. Just stay away from any sort of sexual penetration for a little while and you should be fine.

Does this help ease your fears? Can you please keep us updated as I think many young women experience this and it would be helpful for you to return to us in about a week and let us know how you are doing.

It was bright red but the bleeding stopped overnight. He was going rough but there was no pain. I am not supposed to have my period for another 2 weeks.And can you explain more on the trauma that kinda scares me.

Thank you for your post. I am sorry you're experiencing bleeding but if you recently lost your virginity, some girls will bleed more than just the first time.

The other possibilities are: an oncoming period or rough foreplay. When your boyfriend had his fingers inside you, he may have unintentionally hurt you and therefore caused bleeding. Is the bleeding you experienced brown or bright red? Was it a lot or some spotting?

If it was brown, that could just be pooled old blood that was released when your boyfriends fingers were inside you-- and it would explain a lot. Bright red blood is more like period-like blood or bleeding caused by trauma.

Keep us posted.