Why do I contract UTIs so frequently after sex?

Some women suffer UTI's after sex which is quite painful and can make sex a daunting task for fear of getting one. 

It has nothing to do cleanliness, from what doctors have told me.
It's the motion of sex that causes it. In other words (and not to get too graphic) it's the pounding (for want of a better word!) of the penis that causes the UTI by causing bacteria occurring in the urethra to be shifted.

Going to the bathroom afterwards can help a lot as it can help to eliminate bacteria in the area of the urethra. This area is close to the vagina and thus infections can occur if bacteria moves around.

You might also consider taking a pill afterward that can prevent UTI's. Something like nitrofurantoin or bactrim works well for most women but you'd need to talk to your doctor about it and get a prescription. You simply take one pill after sex to prevent a UTI.

You should clean yourself before and after sex and pee before and after sex where at all possible. 

Don't use a spermicide. 

One way to help avoid it is to have gentler sex since vigorous sex can sometimes lead to the path of an infection. A glass of cranberry juice every day can help too. 

It's a real pain for some women who go through this but the meds do really help to prevent them from happening. 

I wish I could tell you a sure fire way to avoid this (other than abstaining!) but the above ways are your best bet. 

Good luck and I hope these infections stop.

Has this helped?