Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: why do I get pulsing and pain in my neck?

By samslife85

The pain will last about a minute or two and it pulses if i stick my finger against it it still hurts but doesn't throb as much. it been happening more lately. my hormones have been tested because of a 5 month long menstrual cycle and I haven't gotten the results back but the throbbing didnt start till January this year

Anonymous

Im having a throbbing pain in the back of my neck hurts worseer when i sit up straight what could this be

April Monique

hi! I am also having a pulsation pain in my right side of the neck, i think i do have a lymph node around it ( I'm not sure), its been a year since I went to the doctor and had it ultrasound but the result is normal. but there are couple of times that i felt pulsation pain its like every time my pulse beat the pain goes with it. i just want to ask if how would I prevent these pain or what will I take (medicine, supplement or anything) . hope that you can help me.. thank you :)

Anonymous

im having a throbbing/twitching pain in the right side of my neck through my shoulder it just started today it happens like every minute or so what does that mean?

Df

What would Pusling spinal pain and coughing? My chiropractor says I have a impinged thoratic nerve rubbing against my rib cage? I am not sure what it is called? What do you think? Its worse when I hit pot holes or lie on my stomach.

Anonymous

I have a throbbing,pulsing pain in my thoratic nerves and i am having a little trouble breathing and i am coughing. The pain pulses more while lying on my stomach and hitting bumps while in my car. My Chiropractor thinks I have an impinged nerve rubbing on my rib cage. What can you tell me about this?

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. I'm 17 and my periods are fine, this has been happening for 5 days. I get the pain in my throat where my pulse is . U know how your heat beat changes depending with your emotions? If I'm happy my hearts going to beat faster and the pulse in my throat beats at the same rate with my heart. This pain hurts when I breath in, I don't know what to do, this pain will not go away and it's getting me really worried . If I put pressure on it, it's not as bad. What do I do? What could it be?

Cary Cook BSN RN (reply to Anonymous)

Anonymous, have you seen your health care provider about this?

It could be a lymph node, and those swell in response to infection or inflammation in the area above. So if you have a sinus or tonsil infection, for instance, the nodes in your neck may swell. Because there is a lot of sensitivity in that area, when a node swells you sometimes feel like it is blocking part of your trachea and breathing, even if the swelling is slight.

I suggest you see your health care provider in case you have some sort of infection. Please let us know how you're doing.

Anonymous (reply to Cary Cook BSN RN)

So should I go to the hospital because my doctor is closed on weekends unfortunately .

Cary Cook BSN RN (reply to Anonymous)

Usually you do not need to go to the hospital for something like this. The ER is for emergencies. If you are having difficulty breathing or an extremely high fever then you should go, but since it sounds like this is an ongoing issue you can likely wait until your doctor's office is open.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Anonymous

Im having sharp, kinda thribbing feeling pains every 5-10 minutes at this point in the supraclavicular lymph node area. It woke me up about 3:30 and ive been up ever since. This has been ongoing for weeks and seems worse the last few days. Its on the lower right side of my neck area, hurts into my jaw and shoulder as well when the pain is bad. im a nervous wreck over what this could be. it is tender to the touch sometimes, feeling like im pushing a bad bruise and then sometimes i cant find the spot at all when touching it. ive had a ct of my neck already because of my complaints-came back normal.

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window