Why do I get really sharp pains in my lower abdomen?

This past weekend I went to a theme park and I started to get really sharp pains in my lower abdomen. They hurt really bad and I would just hold on to my stomach and had to stop walking. The pain would last for like 1-2 minutes and it would go away and then come back in ten minutes. The pain was in my lower stomach and much worse then menstrual cramps. I was like 20 days away before my period would start. I want to know why I got these pains so that I can know if there is a serious problem I should be worried about so that I can go to the doctor.

Is there any way you could have been injured on one of the rides and not know it?

Many of these rides have large metal frames to hold a person inside and in the case of crazy kind of rides, they can often bang against a person's abdomen. Usually, with the thrill of the ride, the person will not notice it for several minutes or even up to an hour after it happened. Do you think this could have been the case with you?

How are you feeling now?