Why do i have a piercing pain in my left nipple?

Hi. I am 19 years old and i have irregular periods. I did have regular periods for 2-3 months and then it became irregular again. I do not know if thats relevant but is the nipple pain serious enough to consult a doctor?

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER.

Nipple pain can be a hormonal signal, meaning it's connected to your reproductive system.

Since you are irregular already, this could be a cause.

It may not be anything serious at all but it warrants a mention on your next doctor visit. If you are very concerned about this, put a call into your doctor. I think that's a good idea anyway, to see what can be done about your irregularity.

We have a thread on this topic that can give you more guidance: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/nipple-pain

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide