Why do I suddenly have bad skin and weird hair?

I am 22, I eat healthy, I used to take the contraceptive pill but stopped taking it 10 months ago. I have had no health issues up to this point in my life. All of these problems started about 3 months ago.

I used to have perfect skin (even when I wasn't on the pill) and barely a single pimple during my teenage years. Suddenly my face is covered in acne. It is mainly on my forehead and around my mouth. I have taken a course of doxycycline which improved it slightly but it is very stubborn and will not go away.

And I suddenly have all this baby hair around my hairline, it is new hair not broken bits. it grows on funny angles and is very frustrating.

Many people suggest that it could be PCOS or endometriosis but I don't really have any other symptoms apart from bad skin and my period is slightly irregular (differentiates between 25 and 30 days long).

whats the deal?

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

You are at an age where PCOS develops. It can start anytime, of course, but early-to-mid 20s is very common.

Just because you are not getting all the symptoms at once, doesn't mean you don't have it. Symptoms develop over time, but hair growth on the face and acne are certainly key symptoms. 

To know what is going on, you will have to have some tests taken. This is all likely hormonally driven so blood tests for prolactin, testosterone and other hormones will probably be taken. Your thyroid and general endocrine system needs to be tested to see if any part of your hormonal system is not balanced. 

Our hormones are very powerful and when they're not balanced, we can see all sorts of things go wrong. This doesn't mean it's serious, it just shows how important it is to have balanced hormones. 

Will you let us know how things go?