Why does it feel weird to lay on my stomach

By September 19, 2016 - 2:02pm

So I can be paranoid sometimes. I lost my virginity about four months ago and thought I was pregnant because I experienced light bleeding (proved I wasn't) and that it that. But about a week or two ago my fiancé and I both got sick and had fevers. Shortly after my breast started to hurt to the touch and I've been nauseous. I chopped it up to my period coming up. Since then my temperature has been going up and down, I don't have a huge appetite and when I lay on my stomach it feels weird and uncomfortable. I feel like I'm just being paranoid again because my period came but the feeling of nausea won't go away. Am I just being paranoid??

Hi MayaLauren

Thanks for your question.

There does not seem to be any risk of pregnancy. But you and your partner seem to have come down with a virus and if your stomach is affected then it's only natural to feel uncomfortable when you lie in it. Try lying on your back or side instead. If you don't start to feel better soon, contact your doctor.