Why does my lower eyelid hurt when I blink??

By StephStyle August 27, 2009 - 3:56pm

When I woke up yesterday morning I noticed that everytime I blinked my lower eyelid felt sore on my left eye. It feels as though there's a bruise there but on the inside. Today it feels a little worse. The inside of the eyelid looks a little red but nothing major. What is this?

Anonymous

I just had the same thing I let it go for a week thinking it would heal on its own but it got worse it hurt when I blinked and it was on my lower lid it got so bad that it looked like someone punched me in the eye it started to bruise what u have to do is do hot compression 10 to 15 times a day for 15 min everytime keeping the rag warm everytime and push up and go to the eye doctors asap they will put u on antibiotics a cream for your eye for 7 days it's a bacterial infection caused by dust touching money bad contacts which was my case touching a door knob etc. Always keep your hands clean and don't touch it then touch someone else it is contagious

Anonymous

I have the same thing ! My lower lid feels as if I have a bruise ,hurts Everytime I blink! Also my eye feels somewhat sore or kind of a burning feeling ..help?

Anonymous

When in doubt, go to you're eye doctor.

I_Am_Not_Human

Same with my eye. I did some research on it. It said that it could be a result from a lack of sleep. Or, it could be because of allergies. Also, it could just be a stye.

Anonymous

A stye warm towel should help

Anonymous

try sleeping overnight and if it feels better maybe you just needed to rest your eyes but if it does not work consult a doctor andi have one too my father told me maybe its because of staying awake all night

Anonymous

Yes! I have one right now and it wont go away.

Me too!! it almost feel like a bruise on the inside part of my lower eyelid, near the bottom of it- not a stye.

Anonymous

Same here it has something to do with allergies

Anonymous

Hey! I have had this before actully I have one right now! This is called a stye. My mom has helped me out with this before, so first get a rag with hot water and put it on your eye for a bit. After a while start getting your cold rag and once you're ready put the cold rag directly on your eye. Hope this helps! Helps me:)))

Eye Infections

Eye Infections Guide