Why does my lower eyelid hurt when I blink??

When I woke up yesterday morning I noticed that everytime I blinked my lower eyelid felt sore on my left eye. It feels as though there's a bruise there but on the inside. Today it feels a little worse. The inside of the eyelid looks a little red but nothing major. What is this?

I have had pain in my left eye for three weeks. worse when i blink or close my eye tightly. After multiple blood tests, CT scan of orbit, CT scan of sinuses, two appts. with ophthalmologist , my family doc
and ENT specialist, everything is negative and the pain is the same. Never worse than a 4 out of 10. Sometimes a 1 or 2. now they think it may be a weird presentation of trigeminal neuralgia. It hasn't gotten worse (or better), and my vision isn't effected. guess I will just ride it out.

Hi. I had eyelid pain and eye orbit pain when i blink. My vitamin D deficiency was very low. I have started taking meds for vitamin D and vitamin b12 and i have improved a lot better now though i have not completely pain free. You could also check out your vitamin levels and migraine possiblity aswell.

I just had the same thing I let it go for a week thinking it would heal on its own but it got worse it hurt when I blinked and it was on my lower lid it got so bad that it looked like someone punched me in the eye it started to bruise what u have to do is do hot compression 10 to 15 times a day for 15 min everytime keeping the rag warm everytime and push up and go to the eye doctors asap they will put u on antibiotics a cream for your eye for 7 days it's a bacterial infection caused by dust touching money bad contacts which was my case touching a door knob etc. Always keep your hands clean and don't touch it then touch someone else it is contagious

yeah my eye is hurting too it hurts to blink and it looks like someone hit me in my eye. im scared i dont know what i did to it can someone help me please

We cannot say what is going on - you may have to see a doctor.

Wow thanks, Susan.

I have the same thing ! My lower lid feels as if I have a bruise ,hurts Everytime I blink! Also my eye feels somewhat sore or kind of a burning feeling ..help?

When in doubt, go to you're eye doctor.

Same with my eye. I did some research on it. It said that it could be a result from a lack of sleep. Or, it could be because of allergies. Also, it could just be a stye.

Anonymous (reply to I_Am_Not_Human)

I haven't been sleeping very well recently. Not only have I been stressed about exams and a theatre show that I am doing soon but I am waking up 3+ times in the middle of the night -for example,now. I have also done some research but people have been saying that they woke up like this but I just felt pain out of the blue when leaving a restaurant. I tried all of the suggested heals but none of them work so I am going to the doctor as it now makes me cry in this eye when I blink. Another strange thing is the fact that every comment on this page and others say that it's in the left eye like me

Eye Infections

Eye Infections Guide