ask: Why does my lower eyelid hurt when I blink??

When I woke up yesterday morning I noticed that everytime I blinked my lower eyelid felt sore on my left eye. It feels as though there's a bruise there but on the inside. Today it feels a little worse. The inside of the eyelid looks a little red but nothing major. What is this?

Anonymous

try sleeping overnight and if it feels better maybe you just needed to rest your eyes but if it does not work consult a doctor andi have one too my father told me maybe its because of staying awake all night

Anonymous

Yes! I have one right now and it wont go away.

Anonymous

Same here it has something to do with allergies

Anonymous

Hey! I have had this before actully I have one right now! This is called a stye. My mom has helped me out with this before, so first get a rag with hot water and put it on your eye for a bit. After a while start getting your cold rag and once you're ready put the cold rag directly on your eye. Hope this helps! Helps me:)))

Anonymous

Just for anyone that hasn't figured out what it is yet and it is the lower eyelid that aches/hurts when blinking - if it is slightly swollen, even a little, and you have ever had a cold sore in your life it could be a cold sore near/in your eye. I have had this problem 4 times in my life, and the chance of getting it once is 1 in 1000. Ignoring that fact, don't freak out, just see a dr who will prescribe medicine. You won't go blind. Hope that helps for anyone still in the dark!

Anonymous

If it isnt your eye lash poking your eye its somesort of parasite eye worm or infection

Anonymous

Same!!! It's totally out of no where and I cant figure it out :(

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem right now but I have pain on my left eyelid and I've seached for answers and my opinion is that it is a style but I don't know how what the treatment is

Anonymous

i wish i can help you but i have the same probleme and im scared

Eye Infections

Eye Infections Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :