Eye Infections

Eye Infections Guide

ask: Why does my lower eyelid hurt when I blink??

By StephStyle

When I woke up yesterday morning I noticed that everytime I blinked my lower eyelid felt sore on my left eye. It feels as though there's a bruise there but on the inside. Today it feels a little worse. The inside of the eyelid looks a little red but nothing major. What is this?

Anonymous

I had the same thing. I just rubbed my lower eyelid with my finger for a while and it felt better. I believe it might just be an eyelid that got trapped underneath the eyelid.

Anonymous

I have the same problem I think I have the flu when my nose started getting runny is when my right lower eye lid started to feel soar when ever I blinked

Anonymous

Same is happening to me, so I'm always putting cold water on it but I let the cold water do the job but i've been researching about why the outer corner of my eye hurts and specsavers saying if you get some brolene eye drops at a pharmacist if will heal within a few days. However I haven't tried it yet.

Anonymous

I'm having this kind of thing right now and I've been trying warm cloth place over on top of your eyelids. I feel better

Anonymous

its a stye

Anonymous

My eye fine it's the lid that swollen and black
And blue and it hurts woke up with it no trauma
Accrued

Anonymous

My eye hurts when rubbed

Anonymous

Experiencing the same thing. Everytime I blink, the inner corner of my right eye, towards the bottom, feels sore. It feels as if I had been rubbing my eye all day but I just felt this discomfort today. Everyone at home is sick and I am thinking its just me catching a cold or bacterial infection in my eyes. Hopefully it subsides.

Anonymous

my upper eye lid is in pain its a little red but nothing els no lump no nothing! I think it might be and infection but i dont know what its supposed to look like! any help would be great thanks!!

Anonymous

I'm not sure if mine is a stye or not as my eyes sore n feels swollen but iv had pain through my cheekbone also because of my lower eyelid been swollen. It hurts for me to blink and to close my eye. I also cant concentrate on anything. I'm not allergic to anything and iv not changed anything I use. Any idea's?