Why does my uterus make noise during the first 2 days of menstruation?

By Anonymous December 16, 2010 - 9:04am

I have HORRIBLE periods: excessive bleeding and cramping that is dibilatating. During the first couple days of mesntruation, my uterus makes a noise similar to a growling stomach. What causes that? Is it a sign of a more serious problem?

Anon - Most likely the sound is a harmless annoyance but you should discuss this with your doctor as there may be additional factors to take into consideration to determine whether you have any medical issues. The following article on body noises will also assist you: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23918948/ns/today-today_health/