ask: why don't i have areola?

By owllover88 March 9, 2012 - 1:37pm

I'm 23 and I've always wondered why I don't have areola. Is it something not all women get?

I don't have an areola either and it makes me wonder if their is something wrong

I do have a nipple, i just never noticed the area around it too much until i got older.

Hi owllover88

Thanks for your post - it sounds like you were born without them?

Or perhaps they are so pale that they match your skin?

I assume you have the small nipple on top?

I have never known someone to be born without areolas; this is something you need to take up with your doctor.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: