ask: why don't i have areola?

I'm 23 and I've always wondered why I don't have areola. Is it something not all women get?

Anonymous

I don't have an areola either and it makes me wonder if their is something wrong

owllover88

I do have a nipple, i just never noticed the area around it too much until i got older.

Hi owllover88

Thanks for your post - it sounds like you were born without them?

Or perhaps they are so pale that they match your skin?

I assume you have the small nipple on top?

I have never known someone to be born without areolas; this is something you need to take up with your doctor.

~Susan

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: