Why iam bleeding 16 days after my period?

By Anonymous April 7, 2015 - 4:59pm

Good evening Well I'm 41 years old n I had my period on 3/20 on 4/6 I saw spotting n been bleeding almost 24 hrs with blood clots as well. I haven't been sexually active in four months but On the 4/5 I had sex . I feel cramping as well should I be concerned? Please give me so advice I'm freaking out thank you for your help ap

Since you are bleeding the day after sex, pregnancy is not the issue. If you used a condom, then infection or disease should not be an issue.

The clotting is a bit strange - so it's not bleeding a little from friction during sex or lack of lubricant. If your bleeding doesn't stop in the next day or so, talk to your doctor.