Why is it my menstrual period has been going on nonstop for a month now, and it still keeps going?

By Anonymous April 2, 2015 - 10:56pm

Should I be concerned?

I previously experienced this same problem. I was bleeding heavy for an entire month and decided to visit the doctor on my 29th day of bleeding and found out that I was 9 weeks pregnant. Doctor told me that I was threatening a MC and lost baby at 11 weeks.

Anonymous (reply to Mykesha87)

That's terrible, im so sorry to hear that. But how did it all start for you? Did you begin that period normally? And what is MC?

This kind of bleeding is not normal and you should see a doctor. You could have a hormonal change or imbalance going on in your body or you could have some kind of fibroid or cysts (generally harmless) that is causing this bleeding but you will need an exam and/or testing to know. 

Yeah because I've always had an irregular period. Mi first period lasted 21 days.. And I'd even gotten to where I skipped my period for 3 months. But it has never been this long..

Hypermenorrhea Guide