Q: 

Why my 17 year old doesn't get her period anymore?

By April 18, 2009 - 9:50pm

My daughter is 17. she started her period at 15. she bled for 3 month's straight. i took her to the doctor's and put her on birth control pills which made her stop. ok, good. but then she never got her period again so we stopped the pills. got her blood checked and that came back good,so my thing is what could be stopping her from having it? she's never had a regular period. one month she did bleed and after that nothing.

Hi, I'm 17 and a half years old and I'm a virgin and I had my first period when I was 9. My period's always been somewhat regular, it'd often occur on the second to last week of every month like clockwork almost.. but just recently my period's skipped a month (last month completely to be precise) and my cycle lasted for 35 days in April and just now it's turning 48 days and counting for this cycle and I'm worried.. like pulling your hair out kind of worried; I want kids in the future and I don't want anything bad to be wrong with me. I'm a major hypochondriac right now and I just don't know what to do.. I've never been to an OB/GYN before and I'm terrified on them possibly finding something wrong with me, when everyone in my family and all my friends are trying to reassure me that there's nothing wrong. I eat healthy and I've lost and gained a few pounds recently [I weighed 160.3 lbs last year and at the beginning of this year, I was around 153.4 lbs and now I'm around 149.5] and I work out moderately but not extremely, to keep myself in shape and healthy and I still don't know whats wrong and I'm worried sick. Also I'm getting more breakouts on my shoulders and a little bit of hair growth on my lower tummy under my navel and just I don't know what more to do than freak out to be honest.. do you know what's wrong with me?

Anonymous

hai i will be 20 (still a virgin) this year, got my first period on June 2013 i was 16 that time. When i first got it, i had it for 13days after that i get my second period on 2014. from 2014 until 2015 i only had my period twice (per year) . and last year 2016 i got my period on april and may (almost though my period already normal) but after that i dont get any period until now. Every month i always had mood swings and vaginal discharge. I really scare about my future because i want to have a family of my own.

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing.

There seems to be something going on with your hormones/cycle. This is not a normal cycle. You will need to see a doctor for testing and possibly a scan to determine what's causing this.

Anonymous

My period never came and am getting worried

Hello Anon

You will need to give us a lot more information to go on.

Anonymous

I am now 17 years old I have after one moth gap and I get the periods . my periods was start when I was in class 6th . Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell is there any problem regarding this . I am worried about this

Hello Anon

Are you saying you had a month in between periods or you were late? Periods can be early for late by up to week, it doesn't signify anything serious.

Anonymous

hi, i am 18 and i was sexually active with my girlfriend 4 months ago but we have a long distance relationship so i haven't seen her since . i got my period the summer going into 6th grade and it was normal until i got home from being with my girlfriend over the summer and i haven't had it ever since i was there. i am really worried. someone please help

Are you a female with a girlfriend? Or do you mean boyfriend?

If you think you may be pregnant take a test.

she did mention the fact her partner was a girl multiple times. She has a girlfriend!