Why my 17 year old doesn't get her period anymore?

By franinfl April 18, 2009 - 9:50pm

My daughter is 17. she started her period at 15. she bled for 3 month's straight. i took her to the doctor's and put her on birth control pills which made her stop. ok, good. but then she never got her period again so we stopped the pills. got her blood checked and that came back good,so my thing is what could be stopping her from having it? she's never had a regular period. one month she did bleed and after that nothing.

Anonymous

I'm going to be 17 on April 12th, had my period for 1 week straight at age 13 ,after that, I never had it again, I take pills, for gmy ADHD and bipolar, my disorder pills, they keep from having a period, but I do get discharges only, but everyday I get a discharge, sometimes a lot.
Its usually white, burgery.... Good thing is, when I go swimming, I won't have to have a tampon in me, cuz my pills stop me from periods, so I can still go in water without worrying to bleed

Anonymous

hi im 17, im sexually active.. but i havent had sex in about 1 year but after that i have been seeing my menstrual very often.. like 2-3 months straight it would stop and wont come for a month i dont know what could be happening to me..

Anonymous

hi im 17 and i have been seeing my menstrual for 2-3 months straight. then it wont come for a month i dont know what else to do, i dont want to tell my mom cause im scared of her reaction. plz help!!

Anonymous

i am 18 years old and my problem is i have irregular periods 3 years... there is always 2-3 months gap ... iam very tensed... plz do rply ...

Anonymous

Hello my name is Cassidy and I am 18. I started my period when I was 14 almost 15 and it was regular for a few months. I am NOT sexually active and then it stopped and the longest it's gone without having it is 6-8 months and I have never been on birth control. My family has a long history of cancer so I am not allowed to take birth control. Does anyone know what's going on?

Anonymous

Did you get your period already? Im 17 and this is my 36th day without a period

Anonymous

hi ,i m 17 age
i had my regular periods every month but this time i cross 41 days but i not had my periods i m very panic don,t know what i will do .when my periods will come ,and what ihave to do?
shreya.

Anonymous

Well im 17 . . .I havent had my period for 4 years when I was 14 I have no idea why I seen doctors at age 16 they gave me pills then birth control at first It was working but then it stopped again . . .I dont know whats wrong . . .im healthly im overweight though 5"5 and 240 lbs. im still a virgin also . .does anyone know whats wrong with me?

Anonymous

HI im 17 im not sexually active i havent had a period in a year then it came bacl but after having my period for a day it stops and another year goes by whats wrong with me?

Anonymous

I'm ninteen years old & have never had a normal period.. like your daughter, i bled ridiculously for a period of time.. mine was only a month & a half until i couldn't take it any longer. I was fifteen at the time. I get chronic headaches/migraines at least five times a week, I think probably due to the fact that my hormones are obviously not in any kind of balance.
I went to the gyno & instead of doing any tests, he put on birth control & never figured out what was wrong with me. my body started rejecting the birth control, yasmin, after two years; i stopped taking any birth control & never got a period.. when i went back, he put me on the nuva ring for whatever reason, and my body didn't like that one either. He then put me on loseasonique, which gives you a period every three months, and that made me sick.. after all of these, he then told me he thinks i have polycystic ovaries. Frustrated, I switched doctors because I was so tired of all this. My new doctor ran every test in the book, and they couldn't give me answers either.

Moral of my story, I have been reccommended by my current doctor to see a reproductive endocrinologist because she is out of ideas. Another thing she told me, was that I could be put on a mini pill which, from what I understand, just keeps your hormones in check & makes you lose the lining of your uterus like it should, because without getting a period the lining builds up & could be very dangerous & cause cancer in later years.

I hope this was helpful. & I hope your daughter gets/ or has gotten answers.