Q: 

Why my 17 year old doesn't get her period anymore?

By April 18, 2009 - 9:50pm

My daughter is 17. she started her period at 15. she bled for 3 month's straight. i took her to the doctor's and put her on birth control pills which made her stop. ok, good. but then she never got her period again so we stopped the pills. got her blood checked and that came back good,so my thing is what could be stopping her from having it? she's never had a regular period. one month she did bleed and after that nothing.

Anonymous

My period never came and am getting worried

Hello Anon

You will need to give us a lot more information to go on.

Anonymous

I am now 17 years old I have after one moth gap and I get the periods . my periods was start when I was in class 6th . Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell is there any problem regarding this . I am worried about this

Hello Anon

Are you saying you had a month in between periods or you were late? Periods can be early for late by up to week, it doesn't signify anything serious.

Anonymous

hi, i am 18 and i was sexually active with my girlfriend 4 months ago but we have a long distance relationship so i haven't seen her since . i got my period the summer going into 6th grade and it was normal until i got home from being with my girlfriend over the summer and i haven't had it ever since i was there. i am really worried. someone please help

Are you a female with a girlfriend? Or do you mean boyfriend?

If you think you may be pregnant take a test.

Anonymous

Anonymos
My name is Devene i am 17 years old and i dont have a period. I have been to a doctor and he says not to worry but i am more than worried. I feel alot of cramps as it results in my abdomen and back. I have to be taking asprin and overdosing myself to ease the pain.

Dear Devene,
If you are having cramps, please seek your doctor/provider. You should not take Aspirin if you are under 20 years of age. Children and teen can develop Reye's Sydnrome possibly when using Aspirin for viral infection. It is best to use something else to take care of your cramps. I don't want to recommend because your provider should recommend for you. Please stop the Aspirin.

Anonymous

My name is Sarah, I am 18 years old I got my period when I was ten or eleven and I have had it basically normal. The only thing is that when I had my period I always had excruciatingly painful cramps. Then it just stopped. I didn't have it for for months but I was going through a lot of stress. Then I moved in with my grandparents at the beginning of the summer and had it for a week but it was barely there. Now I haven't had it since and it's been four months since then. I don't take birth control, and I am not sexually active. I am still a virgin. I don't know if this is stress or what. I need someone to help me but my grandmother refuses to take me to a doctor. I have never been to a gynecologist or anything and I'm scared. Someone please help.

Hi Sarah!

You may have a long running hormonal imbalance that is causing a lack of periods. You really do need to see a doctor.

At 18, you are a legal adult. Please see if there is a clinic like Planned Parenthood need you to offer you the care you need (your grandmother must have her reasons for not taking you but it isn't right). They will let you know the cost over the phone, it's generally very low.