Why my 17 year old doesn't get her period anymore?

By April 18, 2009 - 9:50pm

My daughter is 17. she started her period at 15. she bled for 3 month's straight. i took her to the doctor's and put her on birth control pills which made her stop. ok, good. but then she never got her period again so we stopped the pills. got her blood checked and that came back good,so my thing is what could be stopping her from having it? she's never had a regular period. one month she did bleed and after that nothing.

My name is Devene i am 17 years old and i dont have a period. I have been to a doctor and he says not to worry but i am more than worried. I feel alot of cramps as it results in my abdomen and back. I have to be taking asprin and overdosing myself to ease the pain.

My name is Sarah, I am 18 years old I got my period when I was ten or eleven and I have had it basically normal. The only thing is that when I had my period I always had excruciatingly painful cramps. Then it just stopped. I didn't have it for for months but I was going through a lot of stress. Then I moved in with my grandparents at the beginning of the summer and had it for a week but it was barely there. Now I haven't had it since and it's been four months since then. I don't take birth control, and I am not sexually active. I am still a virgin. I don't know if this is stress or what. I need someone to help me but my grandmother refuses to take me to a doctor. I have never been to a gynecologist or anything and I'm scared. Someone please help.

Hi Sarah!

You may have a long running hormonal imbalance that is causing a lack of periods. You really do need to see a doctor.

At 18, you are a legal adult. Please see if there is a clinic like Planned Parenthood need you to offer you the care you need (your grandmother must have her reasons for not taking you but it isn't right). They will let you know the cost over the phone, it's generally very low.

I'm going to be 17 on April 12th, had my period for 1 week straight at age 13 ,after that, I never had it again, I take pills, for gmy ADHD and bipolar, my disorder pills, they keep from having a period, but I do get discharges only, but everyday I get a discharge, sometimes a lot.
Its usually white, burgery.... Good thing is, when I go swimming, I won't have to have a tampon in me, cuz my pills stop me from periods, so I can still go in water without worrying to bleed

hi im 17, im sexually active.. but i havent had sex in about 1 year but after that i have been seeing my menstrual very often.. like 2-3 months straight it would stop and wont come for a month i dont know what could be happening to me..

hi im 17 and i have been seeing my menstrual for 2-3 months straight. then it wont come for a month i dont know what else to do, i dont want to tell my mom cause im scared of her reaction. plz help!!

i am 18 years old and my problem is i have irregular periods 3 years... there is always 2-3 months gap ... iam very tensed... plz do rply ...

Hello my name is Cassidy and I am 18. I started my period when I was 14 almost 15 and it was regular for a few months. I am NOT sexually active and then it stopped and the longest it's gone without having it is 6-8 months and I have never been on birth control. My family has a long history of cancer so I am not allowed to take birth control. Does anyone know what's going on?

Did you get your period already? Im 17 and this is my 36th day without a period

hi ,i m 17 age
i had my regular periods every month but this time i cross 41 days but i not had my periods i m very panic don,t know what i will do .when my periods will come ,and what ihave to do?