Why is my docotr doing a cervical polyp removal as well as a biopsy due to dysplacia without anesthesia.

I had both of these procedures some years ago on two different dates, but now she is doing it all at once. Why wont she give me anesthesia? The pain was so bad with the prior procedures that I almost fainted.

Is the same doctor doing this again? Unfortunately, some women who get polyps tend to get them again.

Typically, these procedures are done without anesthesia but if you were in great pain last time, by all means ask for anesthesia. People feel pain differently. I'm sure she has options for you.