Get Email Updates

Hepatitis Guide

Christine Jeffries

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!

EmpowHER Guest

ask: Why is my rhumologist wanting my blood tested for hepatitis B core, hepatitis C antibody, hepetitib surface antigen and B surfact antibody. What is my problem. I do have RA.

By Anonymous
Rate This

I have sorness in my left hip, possible bursitis. Also RA in top of my spine. Where is the connection withhepetitis?

Add a Comment1 Comments

Rosa Cabrera RN

Hi Anon,

Thank you for your question and Welcome!

Rheumatoid arthritis has been linked to autoimmune hepatitis. So, this may be why your doctor would like to test you for hepatitis. Many times, patients will develop autoimmune hepatitis suddenly when they also have RA.

Please keep us posted with your results,


October 14, 2011 - 6:12am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



3209 Health


1972 Lives


1850 Lives
19 lives impacted in the last 24 hrs Learn More

Take Our Featured Health Poll

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :
View Results