Hepatitis

Hepatitis Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Why is my rhumologist wanting my blood tested for hepatitis B core, hepatitis C antibody, hepetitib surface antigen and B surfact antibody. What is my problem. I do have RA.

I have sorness in my left hip, possible bursitis. Also RA in top of my spine. Where is the connection withhepetitis?

Thank you for your question and Welcome!

Rheumatoid arthritis has been linked to autoimmune hepatitis. So, this may be why your doctor would like to test you for hepatitis. Many times, patients will develop autoimmune hepatitis suddenly when they also have RA.

Please keep us posted with your results,

Rosa