Why is one of my breasts bigger the the other?

By Anonymous April 1, 2009 - 1:31pm

One of my breasts is bigger than the other, and it's been like that for 3 years. Why? And will it be like this forever, or is there anything I can do to make them the same size?

" I think different size breasts are sexy "

Anon, I thought that you might appreciate the ability to see photos of assymetrical breasts in other women to help you gauge whether the difference in size between your breasts is something to be concerned about.

This page has several photos, and they are categorized by whether a woman has had children and/or is nursing:

And this page is a page of before and after photos where women with asymmetrical breasts did have breast reduction or augmentation surgery. I am not in any way suggesting that this is appropriate for you! But it's a good example of the range of difference that there can be.

Please do tell us how old you are and what sort of difference in size you are wondering about. Take care, and we hope to hear from you again.

Thanks for your question, it's a really good one, since many women have the same question!

A couple of questions for you too- how old are you? When you say the past three years, are you still developing?

Perfectly symmetrical breasts are actually quite unusual. What is far more common are breasts that vary somewhat in size. Often at first glance, everything seems balanced. A closer view will show that there can be tiny differences - and some can even be a cup size in difference or more. Some women do not "even out" until the age of 20 and many women never even out. Most of us have slight variations between both hands, eyes, breasts, legs - anything that there is more than one of.

Do remember that perfect symmetry on magazines is usually photoshopped.

Can you tell us your age range and what the difference in size is? It does matter, in terms of what is perfectly normal and what may take a little checking into. Odd are, you are like every other woman out there! Please update us a little!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide