Why is there a bleeding 10 days after my periods are over?

By Anonymous January 19, 2015 - 11:13am

I took an I-pill for the first time and my period got delayed by 20 days. After that I had periods for about 2 weeks straight. 10 days after my period, I had some blood discharge along with membrane layer breakdown but it was not the menstrual cycle. Should I be concerned?

Thank you. This really helped.

It has actually been more than 6 weeks since I have taken the pill. Should I now be worried?

Yes we had used a condom but I am not really sure of its safety with it being safe only 97% of the times and that is why I resorted to the pill. Is using 2 condoms better than using 1?

There should be no need to use two condoms but if it makes you feel safer, then go ahead. 

Using a condom is more reliable than using emergency contraception and it has no side effects. 

If this bleeding continues, have a check up with your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on.

Emergency contraception affects different women in different ways. 

It looks like you had a lot of bleeding after taking it and are not back to a normal cycle again. Your cycle should return to normal about 4-6 weeks after you take it. Some women only take a couple of weeks. 

If, after this time, you are still bleeding irregularly, see your doctor but I think things will get back to normal by then.  Since this kind of medication may affect you more deeply, make sure you use a condom to prevent the need for taking it.