Why underneath bothe of my feet hurt me so much even when I am lying down.

By Anonymous November 10, 2014 - 12:41am

I being having it for over about ten years but it being getting worse. I am 49 years.

Thank you for your question! 

It's important for us to get more information from you in order to help you. 

Have you had any kind of accident or recent injury that has made your foot pain worse? Are you wearing good shoes or are your over-weight? 

There are many reasons for foot pain. 

One is called Plantar Fasciitis - this is inflammation of the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia is a thick band of tissue attached to the heel bone that supports the arch of the foot.

You can read all about it here, including a foot diagram: 

You may also have a fracture you don't realize happened or bruising. 

You may also have a growths on your feet called heel spurs. When these begin to press on other bones or tissues that they can cause a muscle or tendon to rub, breaking down the tissue over time. The result is swelling, pain, and tearing. When located in the feet, bone spurs can contribute to corns and calluses when the tissue builds up in an effort to provided added protection and padding against the spur.

You will need to see a doctor, however, for a proper diagnosis as we can only help you with what may be going on. 

I think it's also a good idea to be tested for diabetes. Foot pain can be a sign of this. 

Since your pain is severe, I would advise you to see someone as soon as possible. 

Will you keep us posted?

Flat Foot