why would I be hot and sweaty the last 2 weeks?

I'm 79 years old,in good health on BP drug and cholesterol lowering statin and thelast 2 weeks really hot and sweaty no othr symptoms no fever I've been on the drugs a long time so it wouldn't be that.

There are other reasons beyond menopause for hot flashes, heat sensations and sweating.

One reason is a malfunctioning thyroid. Have your had your thyroid checked?
Even if you are feeling ok - excessive sweating (also known as hyperhidrosis) can be a symptom of an infection in your body.

Another reason could be kidney or pancreatic conditions that have been known to cause this.

There could also be environmental reasons like the temperature of your home or the kind of diet you are eating. Diabetes can also cause sweating.

Since this has been going on for two weeks and if there is no lessening of symptoms, I think a visit to your doctor is a good idea.

I hope this helps and thank you for writing. If you get to the bottom of this, please let us know!

Hyperhidrosis Guide