Will changing my Bio-identical (compounded) hormones to SottoPelle be a positive and worthwhile step?

My doctor wants me to come off the bio identical hormones I am currently using ...(dose per day) ...200mg Progesterone and 2.5mg triest. She wants me to replace it with SottoPelle.
I have tried many times over the past 11 yrs to come off the hormones I am taking. I am 60yrs old and started taking them on my gyn's advice. They eliminated over 25 yrs of having very severe migraines.
The effects off trying to come off them were...recurring migraines, intense anxiety, fuzzy and forgetful mind, and worse of all, I felt just plain sick and unable to function. I HAVE to be able to go to work every day.

I am scared of the effects of making the change and do not really know if healthwise it is going to be an improvement on what I am doing now.
Please could you give me your advice.
Many thanks! Bee

Dear Anon

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

I'm going to start out by saying that that we cannot give you a definitive answer as to whether Sotto Pelle will work for you in a better way than what you are using now. Our unique bodies react to medications and supplements and hormones very differently and there will likely be some trial and error on your part.

It may be a fantastic choice for you, or something that doesn't work as well as you'd like.

I don't blame you in the slightest for being worried that changing over may be a bad thing. When something is working quite well for you, then why change it? Can you tell me why your doctor has advised you to change to a new regime? What's going on with your body that made her suggest this? If you are on bio-identical hormones already, why change to a different brand/maker? I'm a little confused here. Does she think the pellet version is better? Why?

Have you read our thread on Sotto Pelle? It has many words of support, wisdom and constructive disagreement on the topic. You can read all about it here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/sottopelle

I'm sorry I have give you more questions back that I have answered but I'd really love to talk to you about this more and I'd like some more information from you to do that!

I hope to hear back from you soon, Anon! In the meantime, we have started a new Group regarding Menopuse here http://www.empowher.com/groups/menopause . Feel free to join!

Menopause Guide