ask: Will Folvite Tablets delay the periods? Does it change the menstrual cycle?

By empower February 15, 2010 - 1:20am

I am 24 years old female. I am taking Folvite tablets for the past 1 month as advised by the doctor (as me and my hubby are planning for a baby). My menstrual cycle is 26 days usually. Will having Folvite tablets delay the periods? My cycle has crossed 28 days by now. So are there chances of me being pregnant?

hai ,
i have missed my 2 months menses,then i have met the doctor and doctor informed me to first have the tablet to become menses ...
after that take one month of folvite tablet(me and my hubby)
is it the chance to take the folvite tablet to have a baby?
please help me and am totally confused

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Folvite tablets do not help women to get pregnant.

Are you living in India? Many women are under the impression that this vitamin (folvite or folic acid) will help them get pregnant because I think doctors in India are not being clear about why women take Folvite.

Folvite tablets are vitamins (folic acid) to keep women healthy. They also help keep a pregnancy healthy after a woman gets pregnant so women take it during pregnancy to help the baby develop properly. But the tablets doesn't actually assist a woman to get pregnant.

Keep trying and I hope you have good news soon!

Can i take Folvite folic acid tablets without doctors advice?

Folvite tablets are vitamins, there is not usually a reason to call a doctor in order to take them. Brands generally suggest a call to the doctor in case there is a reaction to medication a person is taking.

Hi ,I m having problems of irrraguler periods from past one year.I have taken lots of medicine. But no use.I m tottly disappointed. I was having cyst in both overies but from recent scan I overcome from this problem but my periods are still irregular .please suggest.

What medications have you taken so far?

Hi iam 24, my doçtor suggest me to have folvite lst periods is on 1march and till now i dint get my periods...also iam having some symtoms like vomitting and faintness....pls reply me

Is it possible you are pregnant? I think it's a good idea to take a test.

Hi Susan/ Rosa,

May be not a right forum for a male to join in. However, we (me & my wife) are going through series of traumatic phases and thus I want to hatch as much information as I can to proceed with a successful pregnancy. Last year my wife became pregnant in Mar and everything was just fine except the financial status. We mutually agreed to proceed with the termination of pregnancy medically and on doctor's consultation succeed via Mifipristone and Misoprostol. That was it and problems began afterwards. My wife bleed for almost 45 days and once it was over she suffered through Hemorroids. Treatment of that took around 6 months to fix naturally without any surgery by adding high fiber enriched food and plenty of water. Later on immediately she suffered with UTI caused by E.Coli. Once that we got fixed upon administration of certain antibiotics prescribed by the best doctor in city she became pregnant again. However, we were more than happy this time to have a baby as I am well stabilised now financially and mentally. However, her HCG hormones always remained low and thus doctor prescribed Folmet and Susten 300 twice daily along with Sifasi 5000 injection once a week. However, when she was about to complete 8 weeks as per the gestational period the TVS revealed the SAC of 4 weeks only and again that was when the bad time began. Doctor said it is probably that she will be miscarrying soon and it eventually happened within 48 hours. I dont understand what might have caused it as we took care of every possible scenario and given best care to my wife. I consulted the best Obs and Gyane consultant of the city and I have no regrets for consulting her as she also did her best. But it is the second year in a row when we could not have a baby (intentionally or unintentionally). Our Doc prescribed few tests upon miscarriage (Pap Smear, CBC, Thyroid profile, Torch Panel igg & igm, HCV, GCT, Urine Culture, BS fasting & PP). Of all the tests Thyroid profile came up with odd results. Her FT3 and FT4 results were in range however TSH was 8.7. Also, her Esnophils count was 15. We are more likely to visit our Doc next week to may be referred to Endocrinologist or some other dept. Could you please advise as to what could be the next step to proceed with in order to achieve healthy pregnancy ? Its been such a bad phase for both of us. All the complications in a row. I shelled out almost the cost of actual C-Section delivery in tests, miscarriage and consultation. Any suggestions will be a valuable for me.

Best Regards,

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Abs)

Hi Abs

I'm sorry about this recent miscarriage. 

A woman doesn't have an HCG count unless she is pregnant. This hormone only appears in pregnancy so I am not sure what you mean by her levels were low. Levels can be very low in early pregnancy which can mean the pregnancy is not viable. 

So taking the abortion from the issue, you have been trying for about a year with a failed pregnancy. This is very disappointing but not too unusual. Up to one third of pregnancies will end in misscarriage, there is nothing she did wrong, it's just a fact of life. 

For now, ask her doctor if her thyroid could affect her chances of pregnancy and make sure you keep trying every month before and during ovulation for pregnancy. 

Keep us posted-

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: