ask: Will Folvite Tablets delay the periods? Does it change the menstrual cycle?

I am 24 years old female. I am taking Folvite tablets for the past 1 month as advised by the doctor (as me and my hubby are planning for a baby). My menstrual cycle is 26 days usually. Will having Folvite tablets delay the periods? My cycle has crossed 28 days by now. So are there chances of me being pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi,m 25, m a mother of two sons d last one is one year 9months n nw me n my hub wans twins.my doc has advised me to tk eltroxin 50mcg n folvite.n askd me to take clomid 50mg from my 2nd day of menses till 6th day in morn n nite n askd me to tk a follicular test on 14th day.so plz tel is dis helpful to hav twins....m really very serious about it...pleez help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Clomid helps with ovulation but it's IVF and the implantation of multiple embryos that makes twins more likely. While Clomid can increase the odds of twins by several percentage points, it shouldn't be taken in the hope that twins happen.

Otherwise, having twins can be genetic but only on the mother's side. Having identical twins is a crap shoot - there is no genetic component. Older women and black women have a higher chance of twins.

I'm not sure why your husband wants twins but your focus should be having a healthy pregnancy (and conceiving first), rather than trying for multiples.

Folvite is a vitamin (folic avid) that helps with keeping a pregnancy helpful.

I hope your husband is aware of how having multiples works.

Good luck in conceiving, you sound like you are doing the best you can!

Anonymous

hello mam.i am 29 yrs old.. am taking Folvite tablets for the past 1 month as advised by the doctor (as me and my hubby are planning for a baby). My menstrual cycle in 30 days as usual but last 2 months its delay for 42 days ,39 days..i am tried for getting baby last 4 months..kindly advise me is there any prblem??

Jaya

Folate tablets are vitamins that help foster a healthy pregnancy. At 29 most women and men are advised to wait about 12 months of trying for a baby before consulting a doctor to see if there are any problems.

So give yourself another 5-6 months of trying for pregnancy before talking to your doctor.

Anonymous

My name s margaret,am 27yrs I ve been taking folic acid 5mg daily.before ma last period dat wuz on the 22nd of last month,meanwhile am still breastfeeding my 10mnths old baby. My period has not come and today is 26 already,Have been having head ache off and on.reply plssssssssss

Anonymous

Hi
I am 27 years old. Me and my husband are planning for a child since six months. But not yet succeed. I'm taking folvite tablets for past 3 months. Also i've undergone follicles monitoring. The growth rate was slow. My doctor prescribed injection for rupturing follicles. The follicles ruptured on 22nd day. My LMP is 12th August. But this month i got periods (17th September).How can i get pregnant? Please advice.

Anonymous

i am sandhya, 22 years old.. me & my husband decided for our baby, since last 6 months we tried but not succeed. then i discussed with doctor then she given folvite tablet for one month after period & given tablet in period 5 days clocit-50. please tell can these tablets helps in being pregnant. It's touch of my life. Please tell

Hi sandhya

We have said many times that folvite tablets do not help women to get pregnant. I think doctors in India are not telling their patients this. Folvite tablets are vitamins (folic acid) to keep women healthy. They also help keep a pregnancy healthy after a woman gets pregnant but they don't help her get pregnant at all.

Good luck and I hope you have good news soon!

Anonymous

I am Anwesha(24),married(3) from kolkata.I have PCOD,have irregular period.I want pregnency.now i have taken siphene & duphaston for 3 months.please give me the best suggestion.

Anonymous

hello mam
i have a fiboad in my uterus and cyst in my left ovary. I am taking a homoepathy treatment from last 6 months now i am planning for a baby is it possibility of pregnancy.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: