Will Folvite Tablets delay the periods? Does it change the menstrual cycle?

By empower February 15, 2010 - 1:20am

I am 24 years old female. I am taking Folvite tablets for the past 1 month as advised by the doctor (as me and my hubby are planning for a baby). My menstrual cycle is 26 days usually. Will having Folvite tablets delay the periods? My cycle has crossed 28 days by now. So are there chances of me being pregnant?

Anonymous

My last period date January 31 my expected period Feb 28.,29 I am take three date folic acid tab....I am.planing this month pregnant

Anonymous

Hi , I am 27 years old and stays in India. I am a pcod paitent for long good 1-5yr I took ginnette 35 every month for 21days to get my periods on time. Now I visited a gyneo. And she suggested me to discontinue ginnette and should start taking folvite. I am putting up weight since I have stopped the medicine . Please suggest what to do.

Anonymous

hai ,
i have missed my 2 months menses,then i have met the doctor and doctor informed me to first have the tablet to become menses ...
after that take one month of folvite tablet(me and my hubby)
is it the chance to take the folvite tablet to have a baby?
please help me and am totally confused

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Folvite tablets do not help women to get pregnant.

Are you living in India? Many women are under the impression that this vitamin (folvite or folic acid) will help them get pregnant because I think doctors in India are not being clear about why women take Folvite.

Folvite tablets are vitamins (folic acid) to keep women healthy. They also help keep a pregnancy healthy after a woman gets pregnant so women take it during pregnancy to help the baby develop properly. But the tablets doesn't actually assist a woman to get pregnant like a fertility drug would.

Keep trying and I hope you have good news soon!

Hi susan,
My name is gayathri ,I am 23 years old.
Yes I am from India.could you please help me that when I will get pregnant and what should I do?Me and My hubby are eagerly waiting for the positive response dear....so,Is there any tablets to help me?
For this folvite tablets ,how many days I should use it?
Doctor informed to take for a whole one month.
Thanks,Gayathri

Hello!
You can take one folvite tablet every day, even when pregnant.

You need to have sex at least every other day from days 10-18 of your cycle. The first day of your cycle is the first day of your period.

If you have been doing this and trying for more than a year, you both need to talk to your doctors about why you cannot get pregnant, it could be a health issue with your or your husband - he needs to be checked out too.

Hello,
This is Gayathri
A very good morning, Your Comments are obsolete good.But I had a Some doubt
As the doctor advise me and my hubby is taking the Folvite tablets for one month.We are started from the first of December -2015.till now is it okay for me.but yesterday night on-wards ,I had used the upstairs twice ..So, at the time of 8.00 PM.A left side of stomach and down of the stomach , it is started paining a little bit....For what issue it is paining? or It is the sign of the menses time ? for this reason,my hubby was totally disappointed .
we are very eagerly waiting for the kids in our life period..but now I am totally confused because of the pain......I need a suggest from your side that for what the pain is started ????????????
please try to understand my problem and try to solve my issue

Anonymous

Can i take Folvite folic acid tablets without doctors advice?

Folvite tablets are vitamins, there is not usually a reason to call a doctor in order to take them. Brands generally suggest a call to the doctor in case there is a reaction to medication a person is taking.

Anonymous

Hi ,I m having problems of irrraguler periods from past one year.I have taken lots of medicine. But no use.I m tottly disappointed. I was having cyst in both overies but from recent scan I overcome from this problem but my periods are still irregular .please suggest.