Will HRT help with surgical menopause?

I am 48 and have a 3.5cm complex cyst on my left ovary. Although my pain is minimal, my anxiety over ovarian cancer is high and I have decided with my doctor to undergo bilateral ovary removal. When I was 42, I had my uterus removed as I had severe anemia due to uterine fibroids. I have been using Evamist for hot flashes/perimenopause for a year with great success. Will the HRT I have been on prevent the intensity of surgical menopause? Would an increased dosage help ease the transition for me?

Thanks for you post!

Firstly, if you believe in any way that you could have cancer, you need to talk to your doctor first, as HPT and cancer (especially breast cancer) are not normally taken together. Can you tell us why you think cancer may be an issue for you?

HRT can really help with the uncomfortable symptoms like hot flashes, insomnia, aches and pains and headaches that can happen with menopause. So taking HRT is certainly an option for you if you are healthy enough for it. Many women have called it a lifesaver.And surgical menopause can often have worse symptoms than natural menopause so it's something you should think about. Your dosage may be adjusted, based on the outcome of your surgery.

Let us know what you think!

Menopause Guide