Will i get pregnant?

By October 2, 2009 - 4:21pm

i had an intercourse a few days or 1 week before my nxt menses sld come.but then,i'm already 3 days late.will i get pregnant?i thought on the 4th stage of cycle,which is on the 19th or 20th onwards ,there wont be any egg release right?so,if there is any chance that sperms went in,i wont be pregnant,isn't it?
on a side note,my menses is ,i think irregular.cos in august my cycle was 27 days while in sept my cycle was 29 days.and now,today is the 32nd day aft my last menses.and i'm still waiting for my menses to come.but i can feel cramps at my womb.oh,i'm having a infection,but its curing.would it affect my period,preventing my period to start?

Dear PreciousMoment

Your odds of pregnancy are less if you have unprotected sex on the fourth week of your cycle but there is no guarantee that this is fail safe.

I'm not sure what kind of infection you have so can't say if it would affect your period coming.

In general, if you are irregular, then the rhythm method is not a good idea. That method of birth control only works well for women with very regular cycles.

If you are still late then you may want to take a pregnancy test. Please update us and we wish you the best!