Pregnancy Guide

misvives HERWriter Guide

ask: will i get pregnant if i had sex on the 10th day of my cycle?):

me and my bf had sex on my 10th day of my cycle.but i'm not sure whether his sprem went inside my vagina anot.so i'm not sure whether i could get pregnant.will i?

There is a chance that you can become pregnant when having unprotected sex anytime during your cycle.

The time that women are most fertile is in mid-cycle (typically referred to as the 10 days surrounding "day 14" of a 28-day cycle). This means having sex on days 10-19 are fair game for being fertile, as the sperm can live inside a woman's vagina near the cervix for 3-5 days (depending on many factors). Your cycle can also change month-to-month, and may not be a regular 28-day...this is used more for ease-of-conversation than a norm. Women can have 24-day cycles or 32-day cycles..these are normal to. Women can ovulate at different times of their cycle.

I realize this information is not helping your particular situation---there is no way for us to know if your chances of being pregnant. Yes, it is possible that you could be pregnant from having unprotected sex in-between your periods.

- How long ago did you have unprotected sex?
- When are you expecting your next period?

- Do you have access to a Gynecologist, so that you can discuss your birth control options for the future?
- Are you able to talk with your partner about using a condom to protect yourself and him from an unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

what do you mean by how long?i and my bf had it on the 18th of july.and i'm expecting my nxt period on the 6 or 7 of aug.nope,i do not have access to a gynecologist as i was afraid.and these two days i'm having either yellow or brown discharge.could something happen?):

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: