Will my vision change over time?

I don't have perfect vision. Will my vision continue to worsen over time? Is there a point in life that my vision will stop getting worse?

Hi soccerfan

Thanks for your question - it's a great one! 

Our bodies do change over time - every part of our body. And unfortunately, what we gain in wisdom and confidence through age, we lose in terms of our physical well-being. 

You have probably noticed that many older people wear glasses - our eyesight can fade over the years, almost everyone's does. 

Things like cataracts are also quite common and often are caused by aging - you can read all about cataracts here: 

With good eye care, your vision can remain good into old age. 

To keep on top of your eye heath and vision, have your eyes tested at your annual check up or every two years after age 40-45. Have your eye health looked into like you do the rest of your body. 

For all your eyes and vision health information, click here: 

Has this helped, soccerfan? 

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide