Will you miss a period when you first start taking birth control and have been on it for more then a month?

By Anonymous January 8, 2011 - 1:54am

i started taking loestrin 24 around the 5th or 6th od december i think i know it was after the 1st and i take my pill on time everyday at 1:00pm and i never missed a pill.
I had my normal period for december and on the 28th of december me and my boyfriend had sex 3-4hrs after i took my pill for the day which was at 1:00pm and he cummed inside me am i pregnant but a day or two i had very tiny blood i saw and its 2 or 3 days now after when i had my period last month am i pregnant or is it ok to miss a period when you first start taking birth control? i read my instructions but its not clear to me if its ok or not

Any time you have sexual intercourse, you have the possibility of becoming pregnant even on birth control as nothing has a 100% guarantee. Now, every woman reacts differently to birth control methods so the light bleeding that you had could certainly be your period although as your body gets used to taking the pill, it will return to normal.

If you have any concern that you may be pregnant, take a pregnancy test. This would settle your nerves about any possibility. For more information, please review these articles: Answers for Women: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex?.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Good Luck,