Wellness

ask: Wondering

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something I'm wondering about which is when they do colonoscopy does it mean they clean out the colon? What do they do exactly in a colonoscopy?

The other thing I want to know is having ovarian hemmorhagic cyst how do they treat this to make it go away? Are their natural treatments available?
Please let me know soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Hello Melissa,

Prior to having a colonscopy, the patient takes a laxative to clean feces from the colon. The patient must not eat or drink anything for at least six hours before the procedure.

During the colonoscopy, the gastroenterologist inserts a special instrument called a colonoscopy. Images of the inside of the colon are projected on a screen.

Sometimes, ovarian hemorrhagic cysts rupture and bleed into the ovary. The chances of this happening is low. Most often, these types of cysts occur, regress, remain undetected and disappear within one or two menstrual cycles. In cases of large cysts, surgery is recommended.

I hope this is helpful,

Melissa6666 (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thank you for letting me know.

Melissa

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: