Xarelto - why keep taking it after post knee surgery DVT gone

I had a Miniscus tear knee surgery. I developed a dvt below knee. I went on blood thinners Xarelto and six weeks later no dvt it's all gone. Why do I need to take the drug for another six weeks I belive this is a safety percursion but I don't think it's necessary for another 6 weeks when it's gone and I have no blood disorders

Thanks for your post and good to know you're getting better.

You're probably right, you may be still on it for preventative measures. But like anti-biotics, there may be good reason to finish out the prescription even if you're better.

For many patients taking this med, they start on two pills a day for treatment and then remain on one pill to reduce further risk. Talk to your doctor about coming off early but don't come off without a consultation. DVT is a very serious condition.

Deep Venous Thrombosis