Yellow coloured urine

Does the change in the color of urine (from white to yellow) a week before periods is considered normal? Mine always changes from light yellow to yellow to dark and remains until periods.

I hv experience hair lost and nail disorder or damage of nail and dark urine for a year and half now.please u help

You will need a medical evaluation to see what is wrong. You may have a hormonal imbalance like a thyroid disorder or you may have an issue with your kidneys. You really need to see a doctor as nothing can be diagnosed without a physical checkup and possible blood tests. 

Will you keep us posted on how things go?

Did you and up having your period?

Thanks for your question and thank you for writing!

The color of urine is not directly connected to periods but your own diet can be affected by your menstrual cycle which in turn may affect your urine color. Normal colored urine can be anything from very light (nearly clear) to yellow to a lighter amber color. There is no one "normal" color.

But a week before a woman gets her period, she often changes her diet, preferring salts and sugars over fresher foods. This way her diet may affect the color of your urine.

Do you notice a difference in how much you drink or eat (and what kinds of foods) the week before your period? This time is known as the premenstrual period and commonly causes cravings and some water retention.

Do you think this could be the case with you?

I have not had any of those symptoms. Before my period my urine get's much darker, I am two days late on my period. My urine is still light yellow. ShouldI be worried?