There are people who are scared of dentists a lot, however, most of them could be due to the misconceptions or myths they have about these dental professionals. Let’s check the top 10 myths about dentists as under:
1) No one takes NHS dentists in usage: As per reports, around 30 million of people are seen getting no success in seeing the NHS dentists in the time duration of 2009 to 2011. This trend has gone for a surge in terms of millions for the year 2006.
2) Children today hold terrible teeth: The same reports suggest a couple of improvements in dental domain. The recent improvement has been seen giving the details about the oral health among the kids that are found in schools. Well, out of 10 more than six kids are seen going to their schools without any tooth decay. But it is also imperative to introduce among the kids the awareness about having good oral health which should start as soon as possible.
3) White teeth reflect healthier teeth: Speaking in terms of aesthetics and beauty, the white teeth are seen making people look and feel better. As per the dentists, the teeth can be easily kept white for a longer time by regular brushing seeking the help of fluoride toothpaste that should follow flossing. One needs to stay away from issues like stain that can come owing to red wine, tea or coffee.
4) Paying visits to the dentist every 6 months: If you are keen to keep your oral health intact you need to visit your dentist at least once in six months. The dentists are always ready to guide you with a proper dental check up things. In case if you have a decent oral health, make sure you visit once in two years, but make sure you seek the help of the dentist.
5) Inclusion of fluoride in water supply: As per reports, only 10 percent people are seen using fluoride in their water to benefit for good oral health. Better check the level of fluorine content in your water, which can be a daunting task, though but doing this can help you in getting good health.
6) Baby toothpaste is better for young children: There are many crazy people who think that using baby toothpaste can get them fluoride and that can help in preventing the tooth decay. However, not all the baby toothpaste uses fluoride in it. You can verify the same from their packages they use for their pastes.
7) Sugar is bad for teeth: Though things like cakes, chocolates and sweets can hamper your oral health to some extent but the food products with natural sugar like dry fruits, fruit juice and honey can be healthy for your oral health. It is therefore better to confine the use of such food items and choose brushing twice in a week with this.
8) No requirement of brushing the milk teeth: Even if you see the kids losing their mil teeth they are supposed to brush on time. By teething in a good way at the age of kids one can infuse values of holding the lifelong dental health. At the same time, the dentists are seen advising doing the brush two times a day.
9) Requirement of false teeth in old age: When it comes to improvement found in the dental hygiene one can often feel that it is all about maintaining and managing your natural teeth till you grow old. The figure can relate to a number of adults that are seen having no natural teeth that fall in between 37 percent to the 12 percent that are recorded in the year 1988.
10) Improper brushing of teeth leads to bad breath: As per the expert dentists found in the west, nine out of ten people are seen with the compliant of bad breath. This can often be caused due to the improper oral hygiene. So, it can be inferred that without proper flossing, brushing and eating healthy things along with proper and healthy drinks to follow one cannot have the right oral health. Also, the dentists recommend to have your own exercise regime, which is not only helpful for your overall health but at the same time for your oral health as well.