The results are in! In recognition of June’s Acne Awareness Month, the results of a new acne and acne scar survey have been revealed, highlighting the distressing realities of people living with skin blemishes.
The survey found that the overwhelming majority of consumers believe acne and acne scars have a negative impact on a person's confidence. It also pinpointed that people with acne and acne scars withdraw themselves from social settings and avoid putting photos online without heavy editing or filters.
More statistics from the survey are below—
• 99 percent of survey respondents believe someone has more confidence when their acne and acne scars are cleared up
• When it comes to skin issues, consumers believe acne scars are worse than having acne, eczema or rosacea
• Nearly half of adults still suffer from acne or acne scars and have not outgrown these skin conditions
• 48 percent withdraw from social outings and parties with friends because of their acne scars or facial blemishes
• 61 percent would wear less makeup if they were able to effectively treat acne scars and minimize their scarring's appearance
• 49 percent of people with acne scars or blemishes prevent themselves from putting photos online without heavy editing or filters
• 54 percent do not feel confident on a date because of their acne scars or facial blemishes
• 81 percent of respondents would select clear skin over keeping their fashion on trend, a nail manicure maintained, or maintaining a hairstyle that is rivaled by celebrities
The survey was commissioned by Suneva Medical, the manufacturer of Bellafill®, a dermal filler approved by the FDA for the correction of moderate to severe, atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients over the age of 21 years.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.