Physical exercise is a handsome way to keep your body fit and ready to face all types of stress by performing some regular activities or movement of the body parts. Regular physical exercise may offer you a healthy life. As the old proverb runs health is wealth. To acquire this lifelong wealth doesn’t need to be a lifelong job but physical exercise is a key factor. But be warned toasting your gym session with post-exercise drinks at home or in the pub will undo all the good work you've just put in alcohol is wasted energy and you’d be amazed at the number of calories in a glass of wine or even a cup of coffee.
Generally there are some common forms of physical exercise are:
The aerobic exercise includes regular morning walk, jogging in the open field which is a great way to get some fresh air too. Other options of aerobic exercise would be swimming, running, playing table tennis, biking, playing basketball etc. The aerobic exercise are typified by increased heart rate and rapid breathing. This all over cardio vascular type of exercise helps maintain the health of your lung, heart and improve the overall fitness of your body.
This is also renowned as a strength exercise as they amplify the strength of your muscle. Even a small increase of strength can offer you a notably stronger body structure and definition. Examples of anaerobic exercises are lifting weights, using resistance bands etc.
Flexibility offers you a more flexible life by which you may enjoy the utmost freedom of the body to move here and there or to perform some other exercises very easily. Flexibility helps to enhance the elasticity of the body muscle. Yoga, along with dancing and swimming (which could also be categorized as aerobic) are common example of flexibility improving exercises.
Standing on one foot, with pressure on the heel or toe is a notable example of balance exercise. Balance exercises help reduce the likelihood of falls that are more common later in life. It is not possible to gain a strong centre of balance overnight thus you should practice these activities from your younger age and keep it up for a long time of your life cycle to have a balanced older age.
You should tailor your physical activities according to your preference and physical condition but it is advisable to consult a Doctor’s advice:
• If your age is above 40 years
• If you have high blood pressure
• If you have any disease related to muscle and bone
• If you are at high risk of heart disease
• If you have faint tendency
• If you feel pain in chest after a moderate exercise
• If exercise creates breathing problems for you
• If you are pregnant
• If you have low blood pressure
Prodigious Benefits of Regular Exercise:
• Regular physical exercise amplifies the metabolic activity of your body. If you get enough metabolic activity your body will increase its fuel consumption, the foods you consume will be broken down more rapidly to provide a sufficient amount of nutrition and energy to repair any damage and fuel growth
• A study was conducted by Morris et al (1990) by taking account a random sample of some thousands of people. The study showed that the people who take regular exercise have a fitter and healthier body and lower mortality rate than those who don’t take vigorous exercise.
• Regular physical exercise is a blessing for those looking to burn fat from their body. When you take physical exercise, your body burns the stored energy (fat) reserves in your body.
• Physical exercise prevents the heart attack by performing a good circulation of blood. It also prevents the blockage in the heart.
• Aerobic exercise may offer you a better mood by stimulating various types of brain chemicals like endorphins. Endorphins also help to take away the stress and to be relaxed.
• Regular physical exercise increases the strength of your muscles and bones.
• Physical exercise triggers the formation of high density lipoprotein (HDL) which reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancers.
• 30 minutes of walk in the morning supplies oxygen and nutrition to your cells and tissues, it helps to have more energy for working.
• When you perform some exercise your body produces some macrophages (cells which destroy germs and bacteria) and improves the immune system and prevent many types of diseases.
• Regular exercise makes the blood more flowing, the blood flows around the body through the brain. The systematic supply of blood to the brain makes you more alert and conscious.
While taking physical exercise you should remember that while optimum levels of exercise are healthy excessive exercise can do harm. Adults should take 2 hours and 30 minutes of exercise per week. Children and adolescents should take it 1 hour per day. Young children should play vigorously several times in a day. Proper and optimum physical exercise has no substitute to sustain your body and keep it healthy.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.