Many of us already know the benefits of drinking plenty of water and proper hydration, but with the simple addition of fresh lemon juice you may have yourself a very healing beverage.
I recommend that many of my patients begin each day...first thing in the morning...before any other food or drink (and yes, that means before your coffee..) with a glass of warm or hot lemon water. Why lemon water you may ask? The benefits are remarkable:
1. After a nights sleep the lemon water provides an ideal flush to the body's systems..digestive, circulatory and elimination.
2. The lemon juice in particular is a great cleanser and purifier of blood, liver and kidney's.
3. Lemon juice (although acidic in nature) is anionic and therefore produces an alkalizing effect on the body. This is important because the more alkaline your body is, the healthier it is. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Being alkaline also helps further the detoxification processes.
4. Lemon juice is a great source of Vitamin C: supports immune function. Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron and B-vitamins are also in lemon juice
5. Lemon juice supports digestive function and can relieve conditions such as heartburn, indigestion, flatulence, diarrhea and constipation.
By simply drinking a glass or warm or hot lemon water you can shift your body in to a better state of health and in the end...prevent many future illnesses. And isn't that what medicine should really be about: PREVENTION?
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.