Discovered a fantastic resource for patients living in Arizona. A new Web site that was launched on May 6 provides hospital-specific info on services and costs.
According to the Web site created by the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Assocation you can:
* Find the average price of a selected service at an Arizona hospital;
* Compare average prices to other hospitals in the county and state;
* Learn about hospital financial assistance policies through links to Arizona hospital websites (when applicable);
* Discover hospital community benefit and quality information links (when applicable); and
* Find healthcare definitions and explanations.
It’s fascinating to learn about the price differences in hospitals. For example, I ran a search on diabetic care in Phoenix and Tucson and found that services are about $3,700 lower in Tucson.
In addition to finding information specific to hospitals, the Web site provides information on the average costs for all hospitals in a specific county and throughout the state.
To try it out, visit
Does anyone have a similar service where they live? Can you share your findings?
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.