If I could go back in time and tell my18 year old self a few pearls of wisdom..what would they be? I think I know..
1. Don't marry the first person you fall in love with. When I was 18, I thought I'd found my forever love...turns out, I didn't. When you marry young, it's hard to make that work for the long term..you change over time, and at 18 you haven't even begun to be who you are.
2. Don't fuck on the first...or second...or maybe even the third date. Yeah, he's hot..yeah I'm horny..but if there is potential for this to be more than a one night stand, then actually spend some time dating. Remember that anticipation is half the fun ;)
4. No matter how much lingerie you have...buy more!
5. You will get cheated on. It will suck, but it will NOT be the end of the world. Kick his ass to the curb and move on, there is someone better waiting on you.
6. Don't cheat...just put on your big girl panties (you have plenty, see rule 4) and just end the relationship. You'll be glad you did instead of investing time and energy into sneaking around only to get caught anyways. Plus, when you hurt people Karma will bite you in the ass.
7. Be willing to try everything..once. If you like it, you can do it again, if not..you can mark it off your list as 'been there, done that, ain't doing it again!'
8. KISS...KISS...KISS..and more kissing!! As relationships and time progresses kissing is often the first casualty of a long term relationship.
9. SPEAK UP...don't be afraid to tell that guy that you didn't cum when he asks, just be sure you follow up by telling him what felt good and how he can make you cum. Because you deserve those orgasms!!
10. Never ever ever give up on love. Sometimes you'll think it's not worth the pain, but the alternative would suck even more.
11. Don't be shy to use your toys with your partner...he'll love watching, or helping you play with them. So, break out the vibrator and get your buzzzzz on ;)
12. Dress up as something wickedly hot for Halloween, there are plenty of years you can be that Zombie...so for now, go for little naughty Bo Peep ;)
13. Expect RESPECT from your partner..and if you aren't getting it...move on. A lack of respect is hard to overcome and is almost always a death kiss to a relationship.
14. Dance like no one is watching...but, make sure you look around to see who IS watching..then go flirt with them ;)
15. Buy condoms...don't be shy about this, get the BIG box and look the clerk right in the eye as they check you out, you are protecting yourself against STD's and pregnancy, you have nothing to be ashamed about!
16. Don't drink until you are drunk, you won't remember anything and the next day you'll puke and have a raging headache...that is NO FUN. Drink to laugh, not to slur..
17. Keep your stilettos on during sex. Seriously, as much money as you spend on those damn shoes, you should wear them every chance you get...even during sex!
18. Forget the walk of shame, so what if you are going home the next morning with smudged makeup, the same clothes and a look of satisfaction on your face, you are young..you are going to have sex...everyone that disapproves just ain't getting any! ;)
19. Go to church. Because some things you probably should ask forgiveness for...plus, eternity is a long time to be on the wrong side of the fence!
20. Laugh...love...keep your girlfriends close and enjoy life, it goes by wayyyy too fast.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.